Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 11, 2016

Timp 2016

I like to hike Mt. Timpanogos at least one time each year. I was gone all summer so unfortunately I had to hike it on a weekend after school had started. The Saturday before Labor Day was when we decided to go for it. It was really crowded because of the holiday weekend. The great thing was that the temperatures were really mild, which was amazing. The not so great thing was that I hadn't really hiked all summer. It was HARD. It is usually just a walk to the mountain for me but this year my hamstrings were really sore before we started, I am in horrible shape, and it was after a long week. During the hike up I really was miserable. Going down I was totally fine. And the most surprising thing was that I was not even sore the next day. I am not sure how that happened.

I also need to add that I had taken a little fall on the Y the Thursday evening before we hiked. I don't think this slowed me down but my knees were pretty ugly for the hike. It actually has been hurting more now, a week later, than it did right after it happened.

Rachelle, Amber, Moki and I hiked it. It was extra windy from the saddle to the summit. Like the windiest I have ever seen but it wasn't dangerous. The top was also in a cloud while we were up there so that was really cool. We made the round trip in 7 hours and 40 minutes, which isn't too bad.

It was freezing on top so we didn't stay too long.

Moki loves this hike! And all the random people on the hike love her.
 Rachelle and I.
 I took a selfie when we got back down to the saddle, mainly so I could see how crazy my hair was.

 Despite feeling out of shape it was a great hike and I am really glad I made an effort to squeeze it in.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...