Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Moab with the Hancocks

Earlier in the month Erica mentioned to me that they might go hiking after Thanksgiving. I am pretty sure I invited myself but they were so nice to let me come along. It was an awesome way to spend two days after Thanksgiving. I couldn't leave town when they did so I didn't get to ride in the motor home, which was a total bummer, but  I still got to sleep in it:)

I met them at Dead Horse Point early on Saturday morning. I invited Cierra to come with me because I didn't want to do the long drive alone and I haven't spent time with her in a long time. It was so fun and I am so glad her parents let her come. This was my first time at Dead Horse Point and it was pretty cool!
Somehow I don't have any picture with Erica, which is totally LAME!!!

Then we headed to Canyonlands National Park and did some short hikes there. We started with the famous Mesa Arch.
 And did Whale Rock, this was a new one for me.
We did a couple other short hikes as well but I didn't take any pictures. It was a fun day hiking and Than and Erica's kids were hiking champs. I was super impressed.

Saturday we headed out to Corona Arch.
 I love this hike, mainly because it is dog friendly. It was pretty crowded this Saturday so that was a bummer. I have to document this picture of Pacen because the only other time I have hiked with him was right after Camry was born. He was two years old and I carried him on my back and Erica carried Camry. He screamed the entire hike to Silver Lake. It was hilarious.....kind of. He is so old now and he is a champion hiker so this hiking excursion was much easier on the ears!
After this hike the Hancocks headed back to Provo and Cierra and I headed to Arches National Park because she needed to hike delicate Arch. I didn't even take a picture at Delicate Arch because I had done the hike a couple weeks ago and the sun was in the wrong place for a good picture. We had a good time though.

Then we hiked to the Delicate Arch overlook. Definitely not as good as hiking to the Arch but it is a much shorter hike and you can still see the arch in the distance.
 On our way out of the Park we stopped at an overlook and had to take some jumping selfies. Obviously it was the right choice!!!
It took a little practice to get it just right.
 Cierra was definitely better at these.
It was a great way to end our trip
 And sometimes the camera catches you landing and you look super dorky!

The Hancocks were so generous to let us join them and I loved getting some one on one time with Cierra. Thanksgiving break was so nice. It was super hard to jump back into real life yesterday.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...