Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, June 24, 2017

Hiking Close to Home

I love to hike! I just really enjoy being outside in the beautiful weather. It is a little bit trickier when it is so hot but I still love it. Moki loves when I hike as well. She loves to run all over any mountain. Recently we have done a few of my favorites.

We hiked Squaw Peak. This one is for those that like to torture themselves. Not really but it is a little over seven miles round trip and very steep. The way up is great cardio, the way down kills my knees. I prefer going up. The view is worth all the work.
 Hannah and Moki hiked with me on this day. It was a cooler day and it was crazy windy. We didn't stay on top for too long.
Moki was not afraid to get too close to the edge. This hike offers some of the best views of Utah county.
It really is gorgeous.
 Hannah and I went straight from hiking to our workout with Celissa. We were really tired that night.

On another day Amber and I decided to pull a double header. We haven't done one of those in a while. That is where we do two exercise sessions in one day. We biked 38 miles in the morning and then after lunch hiked Stewart Falls. If you live in Utah you should hike Stewart Falls. Very family friendly. Fun waterfall at the end to play in. Lots of shade along the way. It was a hot day in the valley but much cooler at the trail-head.

It is still so green up the canyon.
 This hike starts at Aspen Grove on the Alpine Loop.
Moki loves any hike that involves water.
We got so much water this winter that there is still quite a bit coming off of the falls. It was providing a very nice mist. Such a nice hike.
One day I was able to show Hannah one of my favorite hikes. Silver Lake. I love love love this hike. It is kind of a pain to get to but it is always worth it. It is up the American Fork Canyon. It is a pretty moderate 4.8 mile hike. The great thing is that you start at a lake and then you hike to a beautiful lake you can swim in.

The snow was still there this year. I still got in up to my shoulders but it was so cold. We were also there in the evening so that didn't help the swimming situation.

 Moki didn't care that the water was cold she was in heaven.
 Moki loves to retrieve sticks from the water. Every time she got out she would head towards Hannah to shake:)
 Dogs are so annoying.
 After the hike we set up hammocks and watched the sun go down. It was a gorgeous evening.
  I have also had the chance to hike the Y some mornings with Jacqui Carter from my ward. Those are early mornings but I never regret getting up early once I finish the hike.

I have also been trying to get lots of miles on my bike. I love spending time outdoors in the summer!




No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...