Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Kanarraville Falls

Kanarraville Falls is a hike I have wanted to do for sometime. Anthony and I were going to do it over Labor Day but I bailed on him because I had just started my workout class and I was way too sore. This time Hannah, Amber and I headed down on a Friday night to try it out. Moki enjoyed her new leak proof water bottle from Nancy.
We stayed at a little campground in Kanarraville. It was Moki's first time camping and she did not do great. She was on sensory overload and paced the entire night in the tent. BOOOO!
The hike was really pretty. Definitely not physically strenuous but you do need to be able to climb up and over obstacles. We went on a Saturday so that was a bummer because it was really crowded. That meant lots of waiting in lines at the various ladders.

Moki going over a log like a boss.
The canyon was beautiful. It was really hot but the water was really cold so it was a trade off. I think I would want to hike on a hot day because of the water temperature. Our feet were frozen.

The trail was really dry and hot before we got to the canyon.
 Once inside the canyon it was breathtaking. So amazing!!!
 Moki was in heaven





 One of the waterfalls we hiked too. This was taken while we were waiting in line to go down a ladder.

It was a fun day and I am glad we took the time to do it. My only complaint was that I checked online before going to make sure it was dog friendly, everything I read said dogs were fine. As soon as we got out of the parking lot there was a huge sign with all the rules and regulations on it and of course one was no dogs. REALLY???? I took Moki in anyways and there was no shortage of dogs on the hike but that was super annoying. If you live in Utah this one is worth the drive and effort. It is also pretty short. I would also say it is kid friendly until the first ladder. After the first ladder I would recommend only taking kids 8 and older. The water is deeper and the obstacles are more challenging.




No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...