Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, February 25, 2018

Presidents Day in Vegas

Most years I take my birthday off of work. This year I took the Friday of my birthday week off so I could have an extra long Presidents weekend in Vegas. Amber Ellis headed down to visit her sister and so I was able to join her and visit Katie. Katie just moved into a new house so I got to see that and we got to catch up. Really it meant lots of laughing, shopping and staying up way too late.

I took my bike and luckily it was warm enough to ride. I rode 21 miles on both Friday and Saturday. They were slow miles but it felt great to get out and bike. It was still pretty chilly but I am glad I biked.

We went to lunch Friday at a a restaurant that has very fresh beef. We tried fried mushrooms, creamed kale, and fried spinich. All new dishes to me. Then we had a delicious burger as well. We were stuffed.
 We also had a weird waitress.
 Then we went to Marshalls. Where I bought way too many clothes for my new niece, well soon to be new niece once she is born!
 Katie's new house has a pool and hot tub. You better believe I sat in that hot tub everyday. It is seriously amazing. I also got in her freezing cold pool so I could try it out.
 Saturday after I biked we grabbed doughnuts and then shopped some more.
 That evening we went to The Chubby Cattle, a hot pot place. I haven't had hot pot since my mission so that was fun. It was really busy so we waited a long time for a seat. It was worth it.
 They had lot of different broths. The tomato one was out favorite. It was so good.


 I think we both rolled out of there when we were done eating. I was so full!
It is always so fun to visit Katie. We can laugh for hours. She is one of my best friends and I am so thankful for her. It was a great weekend.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...