Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Random September

I have been trying to do fun things especially on the weekends since school has started. I am not always successful but September has been a pretty fun month.

One Saturday evening I asked Cierra, my cousin Heather's daughter, if she would hammock with me up the canyon. I wanted to see if I could actually sleep in a hammock for an entire night. She agreed and we had fun. Although I didn't get much sleep, I will get to that in a minute.

She got to my house a little after 8pm. Since there was a home BYU football game the Y was all lit up. We decided to hike the Y before going up the canyon to sleep.
 It was a beautiful evening hike.
We went up to Big Springs Park to sleep for the night.
 It has been so hot this year it was so nice to be in the canyon. It was significantly cooler than the valley. We set up our hammocks and settled down for the night.

I feel like I could have slept great but there was one problem . . . . . MOKI. She has never slept outside (and by outside I mean outside of a tent) and she would not just lay down and sleep. She was pacing and then finally whining right next to my face. So I let her in the hammock with me. It started out ok until in the middle of the night when she sprawled out. It was so uncomfortable and annoying. I couldn't get in a good sleep position. I should have kicked her out but I didn't. Well in the morning I eventually did and it was better. I think I could sleep in a hammock overnight and sleep well if Moki wasn't in it with me.

 Anthony and I hiked up to Stewart Falls on a Friday night. It was beautiful.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...