Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 30, 2018

Annual Timp Hike

I try to hike Mt Timpanogos once a year. It is a beautiful hike and close to home so it is always fun. This year I had two co-workers join me, Toni Carlson and Julia Stanger. It was an a great day. We hiked up the Aspen Grove side and down the Timpanooke side. This way we got to enjoy both sides of the mountain. I have never hiked it this late in the year so that was also fun. The fall colors were amazing. I learned a couple things too, there is no water anywhere this late in the season (I was not prepared for that) and there is a lot of dead grass. I think the wild flowers make for a more scenic hike but the autumn leaves were a great sight.

We got to watch the beautiful sunrise while we hiked up the Aspen Grove side.
 I did not take very many pictures. I felt really horrible all day hiking. I hadn't eaten since lunch on Friday so my energy was low. My stomach still wasn't happy so I focused on hiking mainly. I forgot how steep the Aspen Grove side is. It is steep!

We made it to the top. The weather was pretty much awesome all day except from the saddle to the top. It was so windy.
 It was really hurt when I tried to brush it out after the hike. Here is our group minus Moki.
 Here is our goup inside the shack and Moki is almost cooperating.
Summit selfie.
 Almost back to the saddle. Moki was not very cooperative for pictures.
 The way down we enjoyed the most amazing fall colors. It was also nice that it was not very steep.


Overall a great day on the mountain. I loved spending the day with friends from work and participating in one of my favorite activities!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...