Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sawtooths Day 2

 We woke up the second morning and it was cold and dreary. It had rained most of the night. Moki was the only one in a hurry to get out of bed. There was a dog running around camp so she was a little restless in the tent. We hung out at camp until it warmed up a little bit. This day we hiked the Bench Lakes trail. This trail started near Redfish Lake Lodge. It ran parallel to the lake and so we got some pretty views of the lake too. I was surprised at how similar the lakes looked to those in the Utah Uintas. 

 

There really was not much elevation gain on most of our hikes. Despite the cool morning it turned out to be a beautiful day.




We made it to three of the lakes I think. My one complaint about this area is that the trails are not marked very well. We wanted to go to all the lakes but the trail just ended. We looked around for it for a little bit but then turned back. It's super obnoxious that they aren't well marked, especially in an unfamiliar area. In the end we had hiked 9.22 miles and gained 1,256ft of elevation.

After the hike we had lunch and then collected our swim gear to go hang out by the lake. We found a nice spot on the shore. I let Moi swim for a while but I spent most the time relaxing in my hammock. I was reading a good book and I took a nap. It was a relaxing afternoon.



We headed into Stanley Idaho and had pizza for dinner. Afterwards I grabbed my bike and spent an hour biking before bed. It felt good to be out biking. I love biking in new places and this are of Idaho is beautiful. It was a great day!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...