Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, January 1, 2023

Fall Hiking

 Cross country season ended and I was able to sneak in some hikes with Moki after work before basketball started. I love hiking in the fall. I love the cooler temperatures and just getting out in the evening after work. It feels so good. We also continued hiking on Saturdays. An early snow storm hit Utah and we enjoyed a couple days of hiking in the snow. Moki loves the snow. We hit snow at about a mile up from the rock canyon trailhead.


We also enjoyed some amazing sunsets as our hikes usually were ending as it turned dark.

The last week of October Moki and I hiked every single day after work it was awesome. Toward the end of the week she started limping and so I decided to give her a break. It seemed like maybe her older body couldn't handle it Her front left leg was slightly swollen at the ankle joint and I figured she was maybe dealing with some arthritis. I gave her two entire weeks off and then she was walking better again. We kept hiking just on weekends because basketball started.



Amber had some trouble with her knee so we had to hike solo one weekend and The Carters joined us on another weekend. 

There are a couple of trees up rock canyon that people decorate. It is so fun and festive!





I am so grateful I have good friends to hike with!



The Saturday I went by myself I woke up super early and started hiking right as the sun came up. I was super busy that day so I could only hike for an hour and a half. When I got back to my car someone had bashed in my back window. So annoying. Luckily there wasn't anything in my car to steal. I think they saw my temple bag through the back window and thought it was a purse. It was really disappointing. 

I got to drive around with my window taped for a few days before it could get fixed. $500 later I got the window replaced and my windshield. 

It has been fun to get out and enjoy hiking even in the winter. There were a couple of weeks that were soooo cold but for the most part the weather has been manageable. Eric, Jacquie and I still try to hike in the mornings twice a week as long as it isn't too cold. One thing having a dog has taught me is that you can exercise year around in Utah you just have to wear the proper gear. It has made winter so much more bearable for me.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...