Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, May 22, 2008

IS THE SCHOOL YEAR OVER YET?????

So typical day at Lakeridge: get to school and check my eamil, realize students are emailing me, instead of coming to talk to me about their grade, me emailing them back and saying come into my office and I would be happy to talk to you about your grade, the student rarely coming in to talk to me.

One of the most frustrating things is that students are afraid to come in and talk to teachers. They are so used to communicating through electronic sources that they don't know how to actually communicate with their teachers. Oh yea and all their emails use symbals and one letter to represent a word like they are text messaging.

Then the best is that their parents call and yell at me, or email me, or as I experienced today when the student came in to talk to me she was yelling at me. I had to say um when you are done yelling I will be happy to talk to you about your grade. Her response was sorry that's just my personality. Well it is not going to get you very far if you always yell at people. Anyways I can not wait for SUMMER!!!!

3 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

You mean, you don't like it when they use "U" for YOU and "R" for ARE, oh, and "C" for SEE...or write "haha" and "j/k" in the middle of an essay? Come on LaNell. :) And parent involvement (or lack of) might just be the funniest part of it all. Someday the joke will be on them. I'm glad your school is almost out! You deserve a break.

Cameron and Katie said...

This is funny (Or totally not funny) because I think my mom complains about this exact same thing almost every time I talk to her.

Parley and Katie Call said...

C LaNell, U R not the only 1...:)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...