Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, May 4, 2008

TRADITION

There is a tradition at the junior high school I coach at to dump water on the coaches at Alpine Days which is the last meet of the season. Well Alpine Days was this last Thursday and Friday and I did get water dumped on me but it was not as eventful as last year so I thought you would like to hear the story. Picture up above is me grabbing some parents baby that I don't even know because I know if I am holding her I am safe. It had snowed earlier this day and it was freezing and you can call me a party pooper but I did not want water dumped on me. Eventually the kid betrayed me and realized I was not his Mom and I had to give him back and then this happenned.
There are three buckets being used there. Don't worry this year I learned I did not bring any water buckets. I know I am so mean but don't worry they found one but at least there were not three of them.
As if those big ole buckets are not enough students felt the need to dump their individual water bottles on me as well. The funniest thing about the whole situation is that because they are junior high students they feel a little bad afterwords and they ask things like aren't you glad you know your track team loves you enough to dump you? Coach don't you feel appreciated? I bet the other coaches wish they were going to win so they could have water dumped on them? Um I am pretty sure having a bucket of water dumped on me does not make me feel appreciated.
So this year we won the meet again but because I was smarter I only had one bucket of water dumped on me. That was good because I was actually really sick and I did not want to be soaked. The good news is track os over and for the first time since October I can leave school everyday at 3:30 instead of 5:30. I can not wait.

Last but not least every year at the district track meet they have a coaches relay. So far I have alwasy been able to get out of it. Well this year I was trying to as well but there was no escaping and so I had to run in the 4x100 relay. Anyone who knows me knows I am slow and I know this so I really did not want to participate but I decided that was really prideful and that the athletes would really get a kick out of it so I just let go of my pride and did it. Well I was the first leg (naturally because that is where your slowest runner starts) and in defense of myself I was running against 7 other male coaches all of whom used to ran track and only one is now overweight. Lets just say I was second to last in my 100 yards, which I was happy about. However I was teased about being slow the rest of the day. But the best part was the one guy I did beat is extrememly overweight and one of my athletes said well coach at least you did not let the fat guy beat you that would have been really sad. Thank you at least the obese coach did not beat me. When I get pictures of the coaches realy I will post them. All in all it was a good season of track and I am grateful this chapter of my life is over.


No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...