Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, May 26, 2008

MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND

This is lasts years memorial day weekend. You know little trip to Vernal, Utah, home of the dinosaurs, river raft, camp, and get sunburned. Everything you hope for in a memorial day weekend, including flipping the raft in the big rapids just so you can appreciate your life a little more afterwards. It was SUNNY and a ton of fun. Now fast forward one year and the saga begins. The 1st problem was I really wanted to go camping by a lake and/or pond so that I could use my new kayaks. Well Tuesday prior to the weekend was the hottest day on record so it was looking good. Then Thursday before was the coldest day on record and things started to look down. I am a fair weather camper so my cousin Katie and I decided that going camping in the rain would not be that much fun so we decided to go help my Auunt Nancy in Sandy for Friday and Saturday.

We worked in the yard Friday night and Saturday morning and were able to accomplish a lot. I helped plant the garden and sang the primary song "The Prophet Said to Plant a Garden," the whole rest of the day. After four hours on Saturday all I could do was lay on the grass and yell how much I hated yard work. Yep, I hate it because it is actually work. I was exhausted, dirty, and hungry. Even all we had accomplished did not make me really appreciate the work we had done.

Saturday evening we took flowers to my grandparents graves as well as my Aunt Julie and Uncle Lynn's graves. This was nice because I had not visited any of the graves since the funerals. The only downside was that spring has not really happenned here and so Nancy bought flowers in stead of using the ones from her yard, that are usually amazing (we had enough from the yard to do my grandmas flowers pictured below).

On Sunday Katie and I headed up the Heber canyon to have a little fun at her Aunts cabin. Well I finally got to see a BEAR!!! I have been wanting to see one for a really long time.
Yea, it is stuffed but it was still really cool. So cool in Heber that it snowed all day Monday. So instead of kayaking we pulled out the snowshoes and went snowshoeing in May. Yep, who would have thought. The weather has been crazy this year. All in all it was a really productive weekend but it just wasn't exactly what I was hoping for. But I am happy with how it turned out.
Please bring on the warm weather!!!!!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...