Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, August 11, 2008

My Furniture

I am done with school for the semester!!!! Yep, turned in the 20 page paper, the introduction for another paper, took a final at 7:45 am, and did a class presentation at 11 am. I am so excited to be done. A weight has been lifted. I plan on being lazy the rest of the day, except I will go on a bike ride, of course.

I bought some furniture last week. Dan was kind enough to accompany me while shopping. We went to every furniture store in Orem and Provo. I learned that I shop until I find exactly what I want. We shopped for quite a while. But this is what the search turned up: The sweetest couch ever. I love this coach. I love the colors and it is so comfortable. It also has plenty of cushions. I was so excited when I bought the couch I told Dan it felt like my birthday because it was exactly what I wanted. Needless to say after about five high fives he refused to give me anymore high fives and the excitement had worn off for him (probably because we still had to find a table).


I also learned that I am decent at bargaining. I had to bargain for this chair but I got them to take $70 off of their asking price. I was really pumped it is very comfortable as well. Both the couches look good in my living room and when I sit in it I think I really like this room. I will add that the only thing that has not stressed me out in the past week has been my house. School was so stressful last week, I am so grateful that it is over.


And the most depressing news of all is that teacher meetings start tomorrow. I want to cry. But I won't I will suck it up. It just feels like summer has been ripped away. SOOOOOO SAD!!

4 comments:

Big Mama said...

I love the couch! It's awesome!!! Isn't it fun decorating your own place? Well... I haven't experienced that yet, but I can imagine that it's fun! I love the color of the hardwood floors! Everything looks great! You've done an amazing job! Congrats on being a homeowner! That's soooo exciting! Maybe we can crash at your place when we come to visit! That'd be fun! Miss you! Enjoy the few days of summer vacae that you have. :-( Can you believe school is starting up again? Crazy!!

Angelee said...

Everything does look so nice. I laughed out loud about you, dan and the high fives. Your brothers put up with so much from you!. Anyway, love the couch. Love the chair. Love the floors. You're going great...you're doing better than me, that's for sure. Notice I haven't posted any pictures yet. It's not picture worthy yet. Hopefully soon.

Melissa said...

Good picks Lanell they're way cute. I'm taking you with me next time I furniture shop.

earlh75 said...

I love the furniture and your new home, can't wait to come see for my own eyes; (pictures just don't do justice sometimes). Congrats! On your new stuff...good luck in the home.Your cuz Heather

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...