Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, November 9, 2008

Basketball Season Begins

It is that exciting time of year, basketball season!! I have been slightly hesitant this year because I am the head coach, because of my thesis, and because of my stats class, but it comes down to the fact that I love basketball and after a couple of weeks I love being the coach and working with the girls at our school. It is a great opportunity for me. I do hate making team cuts. It is always really hard and really sad. All the girls want to be on the team but we can not keep them all. That is the hardest thing about being the coach, and not being able to play everyone as much as they would like. So tomorrow at 6 am tryouts begin, I have class after school on Mondays so lucky for them once a week we have an early morning practice. This year we have some good athletes so I am anticipating a fun season and HOPING there will not be to much DRAMA. Drama coexists with 14 year olds so that hope most likely will not come true. To a new season!!!

5 comments:

Cameron and Katie said...

Remember when we used to come to all your games and make signs for you and you were so amazing? I was so proud of you! That was so fun, I am so glad that you get to keep basketball a part of your life.

Than and Erica said...

okay--i love that quote. I loved Elder Maxwell. What was the year on that--79--i read it but am retarded and already forgot. Our leaders are completely inspired.

Angelee said...

Would you cut me from the team?

Hepworth Family said...

I totally know how you feel! I had to cut 12 girls this year and I cant even look at them when I see them around campus! What grade are you coaching?

Misty said...

OF all the things I miss the most, it's being in the gym all winter playing basketball.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...