Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Good Ole Days

Since last week was Katie's b-day and it is not going down in the books as the best day ever, I thought I would post some pictures from the past that always put me in a good mood. No, I still have not sent her the awesome bday card I got I think I left it at the store because I can't seem to find it (however I did pay for it) and thanks to Dan for scanning the pictures. I would also like to add that I was extremely nice in my picture selection. I have a lot worse of the both of us.

The first picture has always been referred to as the death trip. Katie, Mikila, Carrie, and I traveled from Rexburg to Jackson Hole for a Saturday of fun. None of us had ever been there. We didn't check the weather before hand and who knew there was a huge mountain pass? We had tons of laughs in the car and even some screaming from the backseat. We only almost died a few times, just enough to scare you and make you realize maybe you should not have gone on that day in those conditions.


The next picture is one of Katie and I exercising at home. Katie, Mikila, and I were the stairmaster queens at Ricks. Sometimes it was just to cold to go outside and walk to campus to work-out so we made up dance/aerobic routines in the living room. Our favorite song to dance to at the time was Bye-bye-bye, you know the backstreet boys.



Then there was the day that Katie's foot started to hurt. I was like did you fall? We could not figure out why it hurt (except for that it started hurting after we went running) and finally she made an appointment to get it looked out. On her way out the door to the doctors office I exclaimed, "I hope you come back with crutches!" Seemed funny at the time. When she came home she had a big ole boot on but no crutches. Oh and did I mention the death look she gave me. I was not very empathetic, I am still not great at it. We laughed about the boot a ton.


The best way to describe the next picture is California girls welcome to Idaho. None of us had ever owned a real coat so we went and bought one before we came to school. As you can tell from the picture the three of us showed up with the biggest coats known to man. We laughed about them all freshman year (Ericas was not nearly as bad). For some reason our sophmore year Katie and I had new coats.


And last but not least poof that once in a while we did our hair and attempted to look normal.


I miss the good ole days when it seemed like there were no worries. We did not really worry about anything we just hung out and had fun. Now there are health issues, political issues, teaching issues, and school issues. I guess that comes with adulthood.

Katie has been a great friend to me. It always makes me laugh when I think about how different we are but I think that is what makes our friendship work. Thanks for always listening to me and always being good to me.

7 comments:

Than and Erica said...

only one problem, lanell, bye bye bye was by n'sync. Let's try to keep our boy bands straight. :)

LaNell Brown said...

My bad I should have consulted with Katie first, or anyone else for that matter, we used to dance to some backstreet songs as well.

Anonymous said...

I suspect you sang along with the Backstreet Boys and danced along to nsync. Sort of the difference in their music.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Phew. You are right, there are much worse pictures of us. (the bow tie, me attempting to kiss a certain picture, and me writing "I Love ___" on my stomach) :)

I did enjoy these! What great memories we had. Some of the funniest times of my life were spent with you at Ricks...it is funny how we are so different but we clicked from day one! I love it.

Thank goodness we know how to buy coats now.

Parley and Katie Call said...

PS- I HAD been to Jackson Hole, but seriously, who thought it would have been such a big deal to get there? I didn't remember any nasty mountain pass! I'm still amazed we made it.

Liz and Kevin said...

Love the pictures!

Mikila said...

Good job Brownie Monster except I don't think anyone is going to believe you when you say that I was the step master queen haha. Good times at the Ricks College. I think the reason why you couldn't put up horrible pics was because I had already put them on my blog:)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...