Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, January 23, 2009

bAsKeTbAlL bLuEs



The worst thing about coaching 9th grade basketball is the referees. Because it is girls and because we are the youngest competitive age group we are assigned the beginning/worst referees. You know they are bad when they have been around as long as you have as a coach and they are still only reffing 9th grade girls basketball.

I make it a point to never blame the refs for a loss, because as a team there are so many things we can control, but bad reffing is not one of them.

Yesterday was the first exception I have ever made to the rule. It all started off bad in the coaches meeting at half court when the ref did not believe I was the head coach. He kept wanting to drag my assistant out there and he said to me I need the head coach. I replied that I was the head coach. He gave me the I don't believe you look and it was obvious he did not feel I was competent. He wanted the male to be the head coach. IDIOT!!!

It only went downhill from there. We did not get any calls the entire game. My favorite was when everyone in the gym heard our player get smacked and the ref just motioned a clean block. It was so frustrating I have never been so mad at two dummies before in my life. It was very frustrating. I am so sick of refs that don't call the game correctly.

After the game I went home and went to an awesome institute class. It was really good and I completely forgot about the game. I even slept great last night. And then I drove to school today and I got all angry again, guess I am not over it yet. Maybe I shouldn't be a coach.

4 comments:

Mikila said...

I feel your pain, listening to this reminds me of the Wake Forest game. If you find out there names and addresses I will be happy to go light some poop on their porches! :)

Katie M. Brown said...

oh my gosh!! when i read this, i was so annoyed!! i would have punched him in the face!

Liz and Kevin said...

That is a little jacked up! Sorry!

Melissa said...

Yes, YOU should be a coach, but jerko should definitely not be refing. I hope you don't have him for any other games!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...