Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, January 5, 2009

Out with the old and in with the new

In order to welcome in the year 2009 I decided to give my blog a new look. It is time for a change. I also want to record my New Years Resolutions so that I can report on them at the end of this year. I am a very goal oriented person and so I carefully consider my New Years Resolutions each year in hopes of bettering myself. This post is mainly for me but here is a review of last years resolutions:
2008
  • Attend the temple 2x a month minimum - completed
  • record all purchases in my check book - did not even start (online banking is to convenient)
  • buy a house - completed
  • read the book of mormon - completed
  • no soda - completed and still going strong
  • bike 2000 miles - completed
  • graduate with masters - not completed still have thesis to go:(
  • read the sunday school and relief society lessons beforehand - partially completed, did it some weeks
2009

  • read Doctorine and Covenants - unfortunately I have not read this book in its entirity since my mission
  • 300 days this year with no sweets - I am working on this with some of my cousins, I will only have one sweet a week.
  • 100% visiting teaching - I have struggled with this in my new ward and I have no excuse
  • $10,000 in savings
  • work on emergency preparedness - focus on having food storage
  • graduate from grad school - hopefully in april

5 comments:

Cameron and Katie said...

You are such a good example to me...

katie said...

I'm inspired.

Parley and Katie Call said...

Good list. I love making resolutions but then when I look at how LONG my list is, it's daunting! :) I too, want to read D&C again..it's always been one of my favorites ever since ol' Torngren's class!

Garrett Updike said...

I am very impressed! Although, I have no idea how you do the "no sweets" thing. And no soda for a year... amazing! I guess that is why I am a fatty.

mjnetty said...

One sweet a week! You're crazy (or healthy). I'm lucky if I only eat one sweet in a day.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...