Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

ADVENTURES IN SIN CITY

For the three day weekend, in honor of our dead presidents, Amber and I took a little road trip to Vegas. We stayed withe her sister and family and enjoyed biking, sleeping in, shopping (but not buying anything), and slightly warmer weather. Overall it was a fun weekend and it was great to be somewhere besides Provo.

This was the first ride of the season so naturally I was very excited. I got my bike tuned up before the trip and it is as good as new. I have to keep telling myself that because part of me would like to buy a new bike.


Amber and I biked Red Rock Canyon. Turns out it was a little hillier than I remembered. It was a steep first ride but it felt great to work out those biking muscles. It was really hot going up but we froze the second half of the ride because it was all down hill.



Last but not least the post race meal. Half of a snickers marathon bar I found in my bike pouch. I think I ate the other half in October. I only had the thought maybe you should just throw it out for a second, then I thought I am hungry so I will eat this. It tasted great, anything does after three hours in a saddle.



I officially referred to Vegas as Sin City in this post because I made the mistake of reading the newspaper on Saturday. The front page was the 22 most prolific prostitutes, pictures included. And then there were also a couple of other questionable articles. It made me thankful I live in what some would call a bubble, but hey at least I can read the paper and pretend that most people in the world are good and doing good things.

3 comments:

Mikila said...

Well poor Amber! At least she can sympathize with me after you dragged her to the Quilted Bear and who knows how many Wal Marts :)! Glad to see that your eyes were opened down there hahahha.

Ashleigh said...

So I think that maybe we should go biking together, but let's be honest...I don't road bike. So maybe you should get into mountain biking and go down to St. George the first weekend in April and come race. You know you want to!!

Parley and Katie Call said...

Back off my town! Yes, it's not a bubble, but I promise you can live a clean life down here, you just have to be one step ahead. :) The Church is still true here too...

I'm sad I missed you, but glad you had fun and that the weather was nice for you!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...