Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, February 26, 2009

WELCOME TO MY LIFE

I go into the locker room after school and there are papers everywhere. Do I clean them up? NOPERS!! But silently I think how do they expect to pass their test when they left their study guide on the locker room floor. Better yet a ninth grader left their assignment that is worth 100 points sitting on the bench. Apparently she is not going to do the assignment. I did not even look to see who's it was. I have some guesses. But really I am not their mother, I care about my students, I want them to have success in my class, but does that mean I coddle them? At what point are you old enough to be responsible for taking home your assignments and completing them without the teacher putting them in your back pack for you? I believe 9th grade is a little past that age.

Physical education has changed. I know you think I am a beast (Yes they have assignments and written tests), but I can demonstrate to parents and administrators that learning is taking place. But please please please help me I do not want to hold hands or force students to do things. Why can't they just fail if they don't do the work? Oh that's right we don't want to hurt anyones self esteem!! I guess I will give them a new study guide if they say they lost theirs, but I won't be happy about it.

5 comments:

The Robins Nest said...

Dude, that's hillarious. You're kinda making me miss teaching. :) I don't know if Erica told you but I'll be out there in April! See ya soon!
Em

Ashleigh said...

Oh I totally understand where you are coming from. If a student fails in my class I get in trouble and it's all my fault. So annoying! I think the whole responsibility thing is going down the toilet. But we do what we gotta do to keep the system happy, right?!?

Mikila said...

I just want to hold your hand and tell you that everything is going to be alright :)! Sorry that the brats are more interested in reading and watching Twilight than doing their homework (some people are just stupid:)Have a fun trip this weekend!

Parley and Katie Call said...

I think you're being nice enough giving them another study sheet. AFter that there are no promises! Stick to your guns. :) No matter how good of a teacher you are, there are always the F students. Whether it's laziness, irresponsibility, (or in my case, kids who couldn't/didn't want to speak English) they're always there. I imagine it gets worse every year though.

Melissa said...

I was always a good student, but once in a while.... One teacher in Middle School gave me a really bad grade for handing something in late. One in HS gave me a zero because I didn't have a report done the day it was due. I even had a pretty legitimate excuse. (The boy I babysay hid the book from me while I was at his house so I had no book to use to do my book report). I am grateful because I learned a lesson from both of them. Let them fail! Do the kids and the parents a favor and let them fail.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...