Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, February 19, 2009

10.5, Are you JOKING with me?

I have been on the search for new running shoes since Christmas. Both of my current shoes have holes in the toes. I recently read a talk from Elder Ballard talking about the good ole days when you couldn't just buy new shoes and would have to repair them, as a result I postponed buying shoes for a couple of months. I wanted to get all of the use I could out of my old ones.

I began looking and I went to tons of stores and tried on tons of shoes but nothing was right. I really wanted to get a good pair of running shoes. Yesterday I went to the Runners Corner and had the most interesting shoe buying experience. Not bad in any way just different from any experience I have had before. Here is how it went:

  • Bring out a nice pair of shoes and watch me run. Wait . . . . you want to watch me run. Ok I will do my best but I am not thrilled to run for some dude that obviously takes his running very seriously, based on his shoes and his 0% body fat.
  • He watched me run and we decide I am a neutral runner so he goes to the back and brings out 4 high end running shoes that will work well for my feet.
  • Oh . . . . side note he bends down and feels my toes and decides I am a 10.5 not a 9 or 9.5. What a 10.5, aren't my feet big enough why do I have to wear size GINORMOUS. (no offense Erica)
  • I then put on a Brooks shoe on one foot and an Asics on the other and go outside and run around. I like the Brooks so it stays on and the Asics is replaced with a Saucony running shoe. I decided I like the Saucony so I replace the Brooks with a Mizzona. I love the Mizzona so then I put one on each of my feet and go run around. I am sold.
  • Not only did he sell me the shoe he taught me how "runners" lace them up and tie them to get the most out of their shoe. (I think I am a professional now)
Overall a great shoe buying experience and I learned a lot about the process for finding a good running shoe. I am only supposed to run in these shoes so yes I am at work with my holey shoes, can't buy another pair until next month (self control). They will be cheap ones anyways, I don't normally run at work.

Below is the final product. I like them a lot. Sam and I ran 5 miles last night. The shoes felt good, my legs did not. So don't be suprised when I am super skinny next time you see me because when you pay so much for shoes you run way faster and more often. And now that I have serious shoes I can only assume the low body fat will follow.

6 comments:

Mikila said...

I think that you should have asked this shoe sales men out. You guys could eat tofu cheese cake and talk about different ways to burn calories. By the way I was wondering how many calories you burn making out?

Katie M. Brown said...

i had that experience in chico at fleet feet. that is when i bought $130 for my nikes. i love them though. yes aaron is going to live with us. we will see how long that lasts..;)

Angelee said...

So, what does it mean to be a neutral runner?

Nancy Webb said...

Sharp looking shoes. You'll have to show me how to lace up running shoes. I really don't need to know cause I can't run but just curious. Have been on the wii every day though, I'm forever away from low body fat sigh! but it's something to continually work at.

Parley and Katie Call said...

People with big feet are the coolest! ;-)

Than and Erica said...

dude...if you're a 10.5...I must be like a 13!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...