Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tour de Temples . . . . . almost

I had no plans today and so I thought it would be SUPER FUN (touch of sarcasm) to see how many temples I could bike to in one day.

Provo Temple 3.3 Miles

Mt. Timpanogos Temple 18.4 miles

Draper Temple 27 miles
So the almost is up there in the title because my goal was to get a picture at the gate of each temple. Well I didn't actually get to the gate of the Draper temple. Made a couple of wrong turns and headed down the 10% grade and didn't want to bike back up. Lame I know but I went over traverse mountain. My first time ever. I wasn't mentally or physically prepared for it's steepness. It took me an hour to bike 4 miles, it was all 8% and 10 % grades. Here's the sign for remebrance purposes.
Jordan River Temple 43.5 miles
Oquirrh Mountain Temple 47.3 miles

I ended at my Aunt Lorlie's house at 51.2 miles. Now is where I must confess that I didn't bike home. I was tired. There was the threat of rain. I have all kinds of excuses but my cousin Melissa offered to drive me home and I couldn't resist. I feel kind of pathetic but what do you do. My legs will feel much better tomorrow because of that decision.
If there is a next time I will not bike over traverse mountain. Too steep.
Here are my stats, more for me than anyone else I realize:
Miles: 51.2
Time: 4:01.22 that is really slow but someone decided to put all the temples on a hill
Average Heart Rate 145
Time in heart rate zone: 2:17 was out of the zone the rest of the time because of the hills




13 comments:

Misty said...

Lanelle, you are crazy. Sometimes I wish I could just hop on my bike and be gone for the day. Sounds like it would be a blast.

Misty said...

I can't wait until the kids get good at riding their bikes, then we could all go on bike rides.

5fords said...

You are one tough cookie! That looked like lots of fun.

Mikila said...

Oh my gosh....crazy is only the beginning of describing your actions. Glad that you were able to see so many temples but I highly doubt the Lord is going to bless you since you didn't bike back home :)

Angelee said...

You are so crazy. I didn't even drive 50 miles yesterday. You are amazing...crazy but still amazing.

Anonymous said...

What a nut!!

Muriel said...

I have grandparents that live on the top of the mountain at Suncrest and every time we drive up that hill, I see some crazy cyclists. Good for you for even attempting it!

Big Mama said...

Dang gena! Impressive!

Parley and Katie Call said...

The word "lazy" doesn't even belong in this post Missy! That is so awesome that you biked that far! I enjoyed seeing all the temples you biked to and was glad you took pix of each, I hadn't seen the Oquirrh Mtn. temple before.

You are officially the Biking Queen!

Megan Rae Morton said...

HEY!!! We need to hang out! Now you can look at my blog even though i just redid it and don't really have any photos up yet ;)

SHAN MEIER said...

WOW!!! U R officially a rock star! and i thought i had a lot of energy! WELL DONE!!!

Unknown said...

DANG! that's all i got to say.

MaRee said...

I am so glad that I don't have a bike! And it is because of people like you that I will never get one. Thank you for helping me avoid that "hole in the road"... literally.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...