Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, July 7, 2009

4th of July weekend

For the 4th of July Caleb, Katie, Katie's nieces, Cyndee, and myself went to Island Park to stay in Cyndee's cabin. We had a great time and it was really nice to get out of the Provo area for a few days.

We visited Nevada City, Montana, a ghost town. That was the first time I had been to a ghost town so it was really interesting to see.

Here is Caleb and Cierra taking a break on a bench. Caleb is sporting my new hiking hat.

We had fun walking through the ghost town, riding the shuttle train the traveled 10 mph, and eating ice cream when we were all tuckered out.

Proof that I was on the trip.

We also spent a day in Yellowstone searching for my Grizzly Bear, but again no such luck.

We saw lots of other animals: bald eagles, elk, both male and female, and of course buffalo! It was a good day to go to Yellowstone because it rained most of the day and there is lots of driving in that national park. We did do a few small hikes but nothing major.

On the 4th we had a river day. Caleb and I started at the bottom of the river and kayaked up until we met up with everyone that had started at the top and were floating down. We kayaked upstream for two hours and we were both pretty sore the next day. My kayaking muscles are not used enough.

Overall it was a nice relaxing weekend. I was also able to squeeze in some biking, running, and reading as well.

On the way back to Provo we stopped at Mesa Falls and checked out the waterfall.

We had dinner with Dan, Sam and my Aunt Nancy on the way home. That was really fun as well. My brothers are crazy!! And that is all I will say about that.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...