Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, February 28, 2010

Zion Century Ride

I am always up for doing something crazy so I decided to bike 100 miles without any training. The tricky part was convincing someone else to do it with me. Cyndee Maki was willing and so we traveled to St. George and spent all Saturday biking. Can't really ask for a better weekend than that.

Oh wait, you could. One biking dude summed it up for me when he pulled up next to me at a light. He said, "It is cold, there is a headwind, and now it is raining!" Yea not the best weekend to bike but I was actually warm as long as I didn't stop. Shortly after the rain started I got a flat tire. I had biked 90 miles and decided I was done for the day. I called for a ride instead of changing a flat at the gas station. Here I am chilling in a covered corner waiting for my ride.

The good new is that I am not sore today so I am predicting it is going to be a great biking year!

I had a complete overhaul done on my bike before the ride. They took my entire bike a part and cleaned everything and replaced all the old not high functioning parts. I must say I was a little skeptical that maybe they were ripping me off, but my bike rode like it was brand new. It was so quiet and smooth. Who knew you needed new parts after over 6000 miles of riding? I am going to try to do a better job of taking care of my bike.

1 comment:

Amber Ellis said...

You called for a ride? And you call yourself a roadbiker?
Wimp.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...