Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, September 24, 2010

Bake Sale

As I returned to school this year I learned that one of my former students had been diagnosed with Leukemia. She is only 16. A great student and a great athlete. She also comes from a great family and the whole situation just really breaks your heart. Well tomorrow they are having a bake sale for her in Orem so me, some aunts (Loralie and Nancy), cousins (Melissa and Heather), and family (Sam and Amanda) all got together and made some treats for the bake sale. It was a fun evening and seriously there are so many treats in my house right now.

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies

cupcakes made by the less talented

yummy peanut butter brownies and lemon bars

strawberry cupcakes made by someone a little more talented (Heather)

And some really cute cupcakes also made by Heather.

Also some banana bread not pictured

All the treats went through Sam Brown quality assurance testing and the tests came back with excellent results. He took his self assigned job very seriously. So if you live in the area make your way over to the bake sale tomorrow I am sure there will be lots of yummy treats (800 South Geneva Rd at an LDS chapel).

Here is her blog if you want to learn more about her. And thanks to all of my family who helped I really appreciate it.

3 comments:

Mikila said...

Why do you have to torment a chubby girl like that???? Your lucky its too late for me to drive to Utah today so that I can eat some of those treats while you are sleeping at 8 pm :)

Parley and Katie Call said...

LaNell that is so sad but awesome that you guys baked for her...those treats look amazing. I really want a cupcake, they are so beautiful! If I were there & could eat gluten and not get sick then I'd buy one of each! :) I hope it goes well.

Unknown said...

That peanut butter brownie, imagine the sweetness that will travels all over your body after having the first bite, omg!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...