Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, April 29, 2011

M.I.A.


I have been missing in action for a few weeks. But I can report that all normal activities will resume because the time monopolizer has moved to Kansas (I may be more guilty of monopolizing time). It is a total bummer but this is not the place to talk about that. I will just say that I have had a fun three weeks and I am excited for summer to be here. That is a shocker I know!

My family came to visit a couple weeks ago. It was fun to hang out a couple of nights. We went to the Carl Bloch display at BYU, barbequed, and all attended the temple together. Being in the temple with everyone that lives here and my parents was definitely a highlight. On the Friday that they were here I took a half day at work and went to the tulip festival at Thanksgiving Point. That was really fun.

My dad was super stoked that he was out of the house. And, well the peppermint patties are always stoked when they are together.

Katie and I were given the job of loosening Nancy's shoelaces. That was our service for the day.

The sun was finally out but it was still quite chilly. Katie and I wore whatever warm clothes we could find in my car. Here we are headed into the secret garden.

We were at the festival probably a couple weeks early because everything was not in bloom but it was still beautiful. I love the blossoms at this time of year. Now if only the snow will stay away.

In other news track is over. YEAH! It was nice weather for both days at the district track meet called Alpine Days. That is the first time that has happened in my 6 years of coaching track at Lakeridge. It usually snows at least one day. I am calling it a miracle. I had two athletes puke at the end of the 400 race. Not what you like to see but awesome at the same time because they pushed themselves so hard. It is probably the hardest race in track and both athletes did amazing.

I can now go home at 3:30pm. That will be nice. The weather is supposed to be in the 60's all next week. That will be really nice! I am in a new ward starting Sunday. All single wards were reorganized. I stayed with the same bishopric so I am pretty happy about that. We won our soccer game tonight. It is always fun to see Jana and Michelle. Jana scored two goals tonight and assisted on the other goal. That was awesome. I myself missed about five wide open shots. That is an example of not so awesome.


2 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

Yay! Does the time monopolizer have a name?? Give the boy some credit. :) Although I'm glad you put pictures up, I love the first one. Hope time flies for you.

Liz and Kevin said...

I love the first picture of you. you are so stinking cute.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...