Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Don't Judge

  • My recently returned missionary brother now looks like a Hippy. Don't worry I have not gotten used to it and really don't enjoy the look but I am trying not to voice my opinion too much. I think I already passed that mark though. However my Mom was introducing him as her Hippy son and he was enjoying that a little too much. Spending the weekend with my younger brothers has been enlightening. I now have some new social networking goals....only build up my younger brothers (Aaron, Anthony, and Caleb) with Facebook comments.

  • I like to eat off of others plates at restaurants. Especially if their food is better than mine. It is a really bad habit and tends to really annoy others. I should work on this. Anthony put up a blockade so I could not get to his food.

  • 7th grade students that just want to hang out in the morning drive me a little crazy. I think it is referred to as elementary school hangover. Love those kids but it takes me a while to prepare to deal with kids all day in the morning. If they come in too early my anxiety rises.
  • I love diet cherry pepsi. I need to not love it so much and not buy it anymore. I know better but truth be told I eat way less if I drink one it really curbs my hunger. Dan informed me that that does not make it healthy. DARN!
  • Sometimes I text, take pictures, and play with my ipod all while driving. Not really safe, but who doesn't. It drives Dan crazy.

  • I stole a copy of People Magazine from the school library so I could read an interesting story at the gym. I actually did get permission. It was a 9/11 special and I can report that People Magazine does not do a very good job writing. Stick to the gossip and let Time handle the heavy stuff!
  • My family was in town this weekend for my Mom's brother Doug's funeral. Sad reason to visit but we sure had lots of fun at Denny's after the viewing. Is that appropriate?



  • When my students lose their locker combination I used to just make them do 20 push-ups (they could use their knees) in order to get their combo. But I learned from the Boys PE teacher that kids will pay 25 cents instead. So now I give them the option and I have a can on my desk for Ms. Brown's cookie fund. Is that mean? I just have no recollection of ever losing my combo. Who would have given it to us? Write it down people!
  • My brothers are still some of my favorite people to spend time with. They can be mean, and they are sarcastic, and they are gross, but they are also funny, and fun, and kind. Love all my brothers, even the ones that could not make it this weekend. We missed you Ben and Aaron.

  • I really didn't know my Uncle Doug. It actually made me a little sad at the funeral thinking this is a relative of mine that I know absolutely nothing about. The speakers from the family did a good job of giving me the opportunity to know him better. But it is still sad that that opportunity is gone for the rest of my mortal experience. I don't want to take advantage of opportunities to get to know family any longer. My mom had 12 siblings. Here are 7 of the 9 living that were at the funeral.

  • I still almost take a nap every day after school. We are not talking about a 20 minute power nap here. I mean a 1 to 1 and a 1/2 hour nap.
  • During the school year I tend to really sleep in on Saturday. Like until 8, 9, or even 10 depending on how sore I am from soccer.

6 comments:

Kriss said...

I love the "blockade"! I am with him-that bugs the crap out of me!

Grandma R. said...

Thanks for this post. I really feel bad I couldn't attend the funeral, but dang I am enjoying holding my TWIN grandbabies. I really felt bad about not being able to see my sister and all her crazy kids. :)

jana said...

haha - I love random posts. Looks like a fun time with your family, (just needed audio of a screaming baby to get a 100% feel for your weekend)

Parley and Katie Call said...

Brothers are just the best. Even with hippie beards. I can't believe how old your brothers are,I still imagine them as young boys.

This might not be appropriate, but some of my best family memories were after funerals. Sad that death gets us together, but I always enjoy the laughter and sharing of memories that follows. You gotta enjoy your family any chance you can, right?

I love that you think 8 or 9 is sleeping in. Did you not learn anything while we lived together?!? ;-) Way to go for your naps though. I'm proud. (and not surprised. I could have gone to bed at 5 pm when I was working.) I can imagine how exhausted you are!

Nancy Webb said...

Thanks LaNell, it was a great weekend and I loved having almost all of your family here. I missed Ben, Katie, Olivia and Aaron. Today our lesson in RS was about the Spirit World and it just seemed so appropriate a perfect way to end this past week. I love you and I sure do love the times we get to spend together - Conference in a couple of weeks :)

The Barth Family Blog said...

All I have to say is I love your family, and I'm totally jealous of your naps!!!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...