Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Living and Dead

10 Living People I am Grateful For:
  1. My Parents, Siblings, and Sister in-laws
  2. Oroville 1st Ward. I am so grateful for where I grew up. There are so many people in Oroville that have had a huge impact on my life. I could never name them all because there are so many of them. Mostly I am grateful they showed me how to be a true disciple of Christ and how to live the gospel to the fullest. Now if I could only be more like them.
  3. My High School Friends, I seriously have the best friends from high school. I love them all. I could not imagine not having them as my friends. I love that I have life long friends from that time period of my life. People that just know me and get me. They are forgiving of all my weaknesses and quirks and like me anyways.
  4. My extended family, especially my parents sisters, well and Lou who I happen to have so much in common with (coaching, teaching, biking, hiking). But all my extended family is great! I might add that I have great cousins as well. I have loved living in Utah just for the opportunity to get to know my extended family better. I am lucky enough to be roommates with one of my cousins, Katie. One of the easiest people to live with ever.
  5. My mission president and his wife. That would be one crazy calling. I am so grateful for their example and the love they showed me while I was serving the Lord.
  6. Sariah, my mission buddy and post mission roommate. We don't talk as often as we should but we can catch up instantly. There was a time period when I believe I saw her everyday for an entire year.
  7. President Thomas S. Monson, so grateful there is a prophet on the earth to lead and guide. The first presidency and quorum of the 12 apostles are all pretty amazing men.
  8. Amber, my partner in all things crazy. It is nice to have a friend who loves to hike and bike and snowshoe as much as me. And someone who is willing to do pretty much anything that is physically active. And she has to listen to me the entire time. I talk way to much when I hike and bike.
  9. My Grandma Brown. I just think the world of my grandma. She is an example to me in so many things. I really think she is so inspiring.
  10. My co-workers. I love the people I work with. They make me laugh, they seem like they genuinely care. I love that they are all good people and all trying really hard to be good teachers as well.
10 Dead People I am Grateful For:
  1. My Mom's parents. I am so grateful that I had the opportunity to get to know my grandpa Webb a little better before he passed away. I just think he is such a great example of living the gospel your whole life. I think my grandma was similar I just wish I knew her better.
  2. Joseph Smith. The restored gospel is on the earth today because of him and his sacrifices with others, but I am very grateful for him as well as the others that sacrificed so that I could be a member of the church today.
  3. Both of my Dad's grandma's. I don't know a lot about them but they were strong women. Who raised families in the midst of trials and afflictions. I wish I knew more about them but I am grateful for my Dad's parents and I know that their Mom's must have done some things right.
  4. The Savior...he should be under living. But he died once even though I know he lives now and although I can't see Him I can feel Him. I can feel His love. I am so grateful for His example and unconditional love.
  5. Gordon B. Hinckley. The prophet of my youth. It is the first prophet I feel like I really got to know. I loved him and am so grateful for his counsel, guidance, humor.
  6. The pioneers. Some of which were my ancestors. I can't imagine what they endured, especially the heart ache, but I am grateful for their strength and example.
  7. The founding fathers. I am so grateful to live in this country. Sacrifices were made so that we can enjoy so many freedoms today. Sacrifices made with faith, determination, and hope.
  8. People who have died defending this country. I don't think I know anyone personally but serving our country is so unselfish and I am truly grateful for those willing to do so.
  9. My Uncle Lynn. Who I do not know but his death was the right before I turned 8 and it was the first time I fasted and the first time I really remember praying for something for someone else.
  10. Sydnee Avilla. I loved Sydnee, her sweet smile, her death was the first time I really had to get on my knees and find out if I really believed in the plan of salvation. Her death seemed so unfair and I really struggled just feeling awful for her family and friends. But it got me to the temple numerous times to see where my testimony was and then I biked 100 miles all by myself and through tears my testimony changed and grew.
The dead people I am grateful for was actually really hard. To this point in my life I have not had to deal with the death in very many instances. Mostly it has been people that are older and their time has come. I know that won't always be the case. I have been very blessed thus far.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for making me cry. With joy. I love you too.

Big Mama said...

loved reading this... thanks for sharing!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...