Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, December 4, 2011

Recovery Week

Was anyone else exhausted all of last week? I was. I obviously slept way too much over Thanksgiving because getting 7 or 8 hours of sleep just wasn't cutting it. I am hoping this week will be better.

After the long week I went to Festival of Trees on Friday night with Sam, Amanda, Katie, My cousin Heather and her family, and my counsin in law Kriss and her kids. So fun! I was so tired but I loved it. All the proceeds go to Primary Children's and it was seriously amazing. We were there three hours and didn't get to see the majority of the stuff. This is all I have pictures of this week but all the stuff was super cute.

One section was just gingerbread houses. Here are some of my favorites...


There was a section of small trees, quilts, wreaths, and big trees. Here are a few of my favorite big trees. Notice the kids with their drinks. We wore them out then gave them soda so they would finish the night up. Actually I think that Dr. Pepper helped me to finish the night out as well.

Overall a really fun night. I learned you need more time and there is tons of walking involved.

Saturday was my basketball fundraiser. We shot 200 free throws. I always shoot with them. I made 179 out of 200. I was a little bugged because I really wanted to be 90%, I guess 89.5% will have to do. I learned that I do not like waking up early on the weekend. I think having to be somewhere at 8am ruined my day. I was just a little grouchy all afternoon and evening...for no reason. So the only thing I could think of was I did not get enough sleep!

My Christmas shopping is done. I did it all online. I seriously love not having to fight the crowds at the stores. Other highlights of the week:
  • Went to a "Favorite Things" party hosted by a a neighbor. It was a super cute idea and I had the opportunity to meet some people in my ward. really fun.
  • Got the Creche for my Nativity set. I have been adding pieces every year since I bought my house. I didn't think it would be a big deal but I LOVE it! I love how it just draws all the pieces together.
  • I taught spin to my PE classes. That was a workout. I was so tired. I showed up in spandex for one of my 9th grade classes. Hilarious...they were laughing and I was telling them good thing no one ever comes into our class. And we were saying what if this person came in...or this person. Well 20 minutes later the librarian comes in. It's a He and they died laughing, so funny.
  • I seriously want some real snow so I can do some outdoor winter activities. If it is going to be cold bring on the SNOW!
  • I am in 3 Nephi in the Book of Mormon and I have really enjoyed reading about Christ's visit to the America's at this time of year. I love the Book of Mormon and don't judge but I love reading it while at the gym. Is that weird?
Two more weeks until Christmas break. Until then there is lots of teaching and coaching to get done. Treats to make and friends to visit. Love the holidays.

3 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

I really want to see you in Oroville! I hope we can make it happen.

jana said...

I WAS exhausted last week. This week is off to a better start. Hoping I'm on the delivery list for those treats and visits you mentioned :)

Kriss said...

So much walking at the Festival of trees, but worth it! I seriously think you would have to spend an entire day there to see every thing. I felt like I had such great exercise!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...