Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, April 15, 2012

I have to go to work tomorrow....shoot me now, seriously!

I so didn't have time to buy an Easter dress. BUMMER! But my Aunt Nancy let me borrow two dresses she made back in the day. I love them both. The white one with green polka dots worked for Easter! (I love this dress I want to see if she still has the pattern and try to make one, I would eliminate the pleats, too complicated for me, oh and the embroidery)

Obviously I didn't pay much attention in church on Easter Sunday because I totally missed the fact that today was stake conference. I remember them announcing that but I didn't make a mental check because I missed it today. LAME! Although the Sacrament meeting I went to was really good.

So my trip started out like this:

Text from Dan with a picture, "So comfy!"

Yep that is my bed he is laying in. I test back, "you are so fired." To which he responds, with a picture, "Sorry, I didn't hear you I was sleeping."

I was laughing so hard sometimes my brothers can actually be funny. And you know if there was an open queen size bed in the house I was living in I might sleep in it as well.

Da ship ........

So the cruise was great for so many reasons but I am not sure I am sold on them.....I know I know. Maybe my expectations were too high because people LOVE them so much. I had a great time but it was not like the best thing ever. I would go again though, especially somewhere with warmer water.

My favorite part was when Katie and I snorkeled. How have I never been snorkeling before? I loved it...so fun.

I can only imagine how cool it would be to snorkel in a place that has a lot of things to see.

And who knew that kelp was ginormous? I sure didn't but it was and I did not want it to touch me.

Look close at this next picture and at the front of the boat you can see the dolphins.

This was my first time seeing dolphins in the wild and there is something magical about those creatures. They were sure fun to watch.

We saw Catalina Island via a golf cart. It was fun and easy. A self guided tour.

From the top of the hill.

Catalina was my favorite stop. I wish it had been a little bit warmer but overall it was a good day. The water was amazing, the little shops were fun, and overall it is a cute little tourist trap.

Formal night...Katie was too busy chatting it up with the neighbors.

Ensenada was alright. I would have had more fun had my kayaking excursion not been cancelled because of the weather. It was raining a little but I didn't care. You are in a wet suit anyways. I was a little bummed about that. So we shopped and found a beach but didn't do anything too exciting this day.

Well I took a picture of the largest flag I have ever seen!

The streets of Ensenada. And can I add that it smelled a lot like the bad smell you would get in Taiwan. Yuck!

The next picture is an example of mission get rid of the biker tan. You might think oh she has a coat on. Yes it was chilly but those upper thighs need to see the sun. I would post a picture of how burnt they were after the boat day but that would be a little inappropriate.

I read "Heaven Is Here," by Stephanie Nielson. Loved it. Recommend it to anyone. So sad, like crying sad, trying not to sob because that would be awkward in front of my friends sad. But so good. And very happy in the end!

We are in Mexico.

The boat day was actually really nice. I lounged around and read and layed out. It was super relaxing which is always good.

So things I liked about this vacation:
  1. Slept as long as I wanted to every day. I love not waking up to an alarm.
  2. The sun! I wanted to come home tan and I totally did.
  3. Snorkeling
  4. They had a gym on the boat...I made good use of that especially after the first day when we toured the boat and the gym guy told us people gain an average of 1-3 pounds a day on a cruise. Um, no thank you. It was an extremely weird sensation to be running while the boat was moving.
  5. Didn't have to worry about food or where I was sleeping
  6. The traveling all happened at night. You wake up and you are at your next destination.
  7. I read a ton which I love to do.

Things I would change:

  1. Save more money and do multiple excursions everyday and cut out the shopping. I could shop for 30 minutes and call it good.
  2. Find ways to experience the things I love in a different place, more snorkeling, rent a bike, kayak...overall be somewhere a little safer and with warmer water
  3. I was not impressed with the food. I really didn't think it was good. Except the soft serve ice cream which you can get anywhere.
  4. fly instead of driving. I hate being in the car that long. And really all I do in the car is eat and that is not an exaggeration.
  5. Try a different cruise line. We went cheap but I think there are probably some nicer ones if you pay the money.
  6. Take more pictures!

2 comments:

Than and Erica said...

It's time for you to get back to school so you can work on your spelling, teacher. (Kaylee actually said that!) :)

LaNell Brown said...

unfortunately I don't ever work on spelling at school but obviously I need too!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...