Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, July 1, 2012

Camp Stakehouse???

 Girls Camp was this last week!!! It ended up being quite the adventure. I must say there is a learning curve it was very interesting to see how camp is run outside of the Gridley California Stake. I had to try really hard not to compare but it was also really tricky trying to plan for something you have never seen. The week leading up to camp was CRAZY. Just trying to get everything ready. I was definitely over-prepared but that is better than under-prepared...right?

We camped as wards. Our Stake theme was be a s.t.a.r. (stand for truth and righteousness). Our ward value was choice and accountability and our scripture focus was 1 Nephi 18:3.
The week became more interesting on Wednesday when we learned we were being evacuated due to the fires. So we headed straight to the Stake center and got special permission to camp in the building, apparently that is not allowed anymore. It ended up working out great. Not as awesome as being in the mountains but still an opportunity for the girls to meet people, grow spiritually, and increase their testimonies.

One of the crafts we did was make lanterns. They were super cute. I loved using pinterest to find cute ideas for girls camp crafts.

I should have gotten a picture in the dark because they looked very cool all lit up.

I was reminded of how much junk you eat at camp and I just have a hard time being off my normal exercise and diet routine. But I survived and it was a lot of fun, hopefully the girls had fun too:-)

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...