Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, August 3, 2012

I LOVE TAHOE!!!!!

 I love Tahoe. I need a summer home there. The water is amazing. The temperature great. There are tons of outdoor activities. I love it.

Amber reserved an awesome campsite at Meeks bay for us. We were right on the beach which was great! We traveled slowly to Tahoe on Wednesday. We arrived, set up our tents, and went for a swim. The water is so clear. Here is the one thing I saw under water, well except for the fish by the rocks that was the size of my little finger.
The water is so clear that you think you should be able to touch. I was always surprised when I couldn't. You could see the bottom a really long ways out. That evening we biked 20 miles hard and went to bed.

Thursday we decided to bike the 72 miles around the lake. It is a gorgeous ride, but there are lots of hills. You work hard to see all that beauty. We stopped and ate or snacked every 25 miles. Don't want to over-do it. We are on vacation.
Pizza Hut for lunch. By mile 53 we were starving. We also knew we had the two really steep climbs left.
Bathroom break. Putting on my game face before the last haul.
 That pretty much took the majority of Thursday. We did enjoy some swimming and beach time after the ride. I swam a really long way and just loved the water. I think I stayed in too long though because I was freezing the rest of the night. The water feels good but it is a little cold to stay in too long. We finished the night by strolling through Tahoe City.

Friday I paddle boarded. I have heard about paddle boarding but had not seen it done before this trip. Tons of people were doing it in Monterey and even more in Tahoe. I wanted in on the action. I headed down early so I could do it while there was not a crowd, I mean I had no idea how it would go.

At first I was super tense and a little shaky. The girl coached me by saying start on your knees then stand up, she had never done it before. Um, when I teach a skill I give three verbal cues. I could have used some cues:)
 Luckily there was a lady on the beach that saw how tense I was and gave me some advice. After about 20 minutes I felt really good. It was super fun and I would love to do it again.
Don't worry down the beach a ways there was a group of about 20 women that paddlebarded for a while and then did yoga on their paddleboards. I am not quite comfortable enough to do that. I would have been in the water guarantee. 

After I paddleboarded we went kayaking. It was beautiful!
 And then the water started to get really choppy. This is the very beginning of the choppiness.
 The color contrast was amazing!
We wanted to kayak to an island but the water would have none of it. After 50 minutes of battling the waves we turned around. The water was seriously crazy. I have kayaked in the ocean multiple times and it was not as bad as this. My arms were killing me.

After the kayaking excursion we decided we needed more than peanut butter and jelly so we went to Rosie's a fun little cafe.
It was yummy!

Saturday we broke camp early and headed home. It was a long trip. I really don't like being gone that long but it was good. I am glad I did it and I had a lot of fun. There are still tons of things I would like to do in Tahoe: backpack, hike, and mountain bike just to name a few.

 Now I am in get ready for school mode. When I got back I had 21 hours to work on my own, 2 days to work with my department, dentist, doctor, painting my bedroom, hair, school shopping, and lots more. I have been on the go. Is it a bad thing that it took me a minimum of 10 hours online to buy a backpack for school? I have issues. It's in the mail and it better be awesome. My old one has holes in it. I have loved loved loved it, but it must be replaced. School starts in less then two weeks....sad and exciting!

1 comment:

Parley and Katie Call said...

I love the pictures. AND I love that even underwater you have an awesome farmer's tan.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...