Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, August 3, 2012

Staying with Sariah

 Sariah, one of my best friends, happens to live in San Jose. It was really nice to get to stay with her. 1. She was an amazing host, 2. We haven't seen each other in forever, 3. It was really nice to have a break from camping, and 4. It was great to eat real food!

Sunday before dinner we went on a nice walk at a park and then just chilled. Monday Amber and I headed to Santa Cruz. I had never been. It was cool but I am not sure it lives up to all the hype.
We walked on the pier and walked the boardwalk. The weather was cloudy and chilly this day so not the best weather. There was a really nice area that would have been fun to kayak in but we were not feeling it. We ate fish and chips but they were mediocre at best.
 We went for a "hike," more like a walk, in one of the state parks. It was really pretty. There were lots of cliffs and lots of ocean.
I ditched Amber in the afternoon and biked a 29 mile out and back on highway 1. I have biked on various sections of highway one and I just love it. It is so fun to be next to the ocean the entire bike ride. I biked hard that day and slept really well that night. It felt great.

Tuesday we hung out in San Jose. We biked on the endless trail system, went to yogurt, and shopped. It was really nice to have a down day.
It was so great to catch up with Sariah. We spent one night Facebook stalking people from our mission. It was AWESOME! So fun to look up people we served with and see where they are in life. My patriarchal blessing talks about having opportunities to share the gospel and through those experiences making life long friends. Sariah has definitely been one of the people to bring to pass that promise. I love that we can catch up so easily. I love that we both know everyone individually in our families and so we can stay up to date on everyone's lives. I love that I realized San Jose really isn't that far from my parents house, I will definitely visit again. Good times.

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Oh Lanell...Santa Cruz is magical. You just can't hang out at the main tourist spots. Don't give up on it yet!!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...