Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, October 7, 2012

Conference and so much more!

 Once in awhile at work we get something fun in our mailboxes. A couple of weeks ago we got a gift certificate to In-N-Out. Not my favorite but I gave it a try. Still not my favorite but a free meal is always nice, especially on a busy day!
It's been crazy at school. This year I am using heart rate monitors. They are awesome. The girls watch their heart rate and when they are below their workout zone they know they have to move. It has been great. My students are actually getting a workout in PE, but it has also been challenging for them. They aren't used to having to get a REAL workout every time they come to class. Emotions have been crazy. Last week I had more emotional girls in class than I ever had every other year combined. YIKES!!! But it is worth it because my class is now actually going to benefit their health, which is what motivated me to teach PE in the first place.

Friday I headed up to my Aunt Nancy's for conference weekend and a baby shower for Amanda. My mom was able to come to town, which was awesome, and so me and her two sisters stayed up late playing Ticket To Ride on Friday night. (I headed up after soccer. We won. Jana was on another scoring rampage which was great. Somehow I ended up with a soccer ball imprinted on my leg. I don't remember getting hit that hard in my thigh but it is still there with a nice bruise above it. Weird?)

Anyways we were playing games at Nancy's and I get a text from Dan:
 I think my bed survived but seriously do you all need to get in it. Weidos. Aaron was also in town with friends for the weekend. Fun to see him.
 
Saturday I tied a quilt for Sam and Amanda during morning conference and then bound the quilt between sessions. The shower was Saturday evening, nothing like waiting until the last minute. But it turned out cute so it was worth it.
Katie and I were throwing the shower. Here is the invitation I put together in photoshop. I was happy with how it turned out.

We did a book theme because Sam and Amanda didn't have a lot of books yet for the little guy. Everything we did revolved around a children's book. Thank you pinterest for all the ideas. I could have never done it on my own. We hung little onsies above the refreshment table and the fireplace where we put the gifts.
So many super cute onsies!
 The thank you bags were cinnamon bears, sweedish fish, and candy corn to go with the three books on that table.
 We set the table with laminated pages from old books we purchased second hand. They were great little place mats.
We served blue punch with rubber duckies floating inside. They were floating great until we added the ice. That was a fail, but it was a cute idea.
 We served three kinds of soup and rolls for dinner. Katie knew of the book Mean Soup and that helped us decide on what to feed everyone.
 Dessert was cookies and sesame street cupcakes. My cousin Heather made the cupcakes and they were awesome! Super cute.
 I just could not get enough of the cupcakes.
 The shower was really fun and it came together nicely which is always a bonus. You just never know with things like that.

Today we watched General Conference at Nancy's and made our traditional conference breakfast. Nothing like eating way too much and then trying to force yourself to stay awake.
I love general conference. It was amazing as always. I am so excited about the new age for missionaries. What an amazing change. I feel like so many more girls will serve. I just loved my mission so much and will forever be grateful I had the opportunity to serve. I really appreciated how they stressed that it is still ok to go later. It is so important to be prepared. I have never done anything as exhausting and hard as serving a mission, but if it is right to go earlier now you can. I love President Monson and am so grateful we have a LIVING prophet to guide us!

3 comments:

Nancy Webb said...

Thank you LaNell for everything...the shower, playing, conference, and all the goodies to eat I'm sure it will take me a couple of weeks to normalize out. I sure do love you!

Nancy Webb said...

Thank you LaNell for everything...the shower, playing, conference, and all the goodies to eat I'm sure it will take me a couple of weeks to normalize out. I sure do love you!

Amanda said...

I can't thank you enough for the shower! I loved the decorations, the food, the company, the games, the fun. It really meant a lot that you put this together for me. Thank you thank you thank you!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...