Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, November 9, 2014

The Weather Has Been Amazing!!!!!!

I have never had such an amazing fall in Utah. The weather has been sooooooo perfect. I will probably need a reminder of that come January and February but seriously I am loving it. This week I was able to get out and enjoy the sun everyday after work with Moki. I am took a few pictures to document the wonderful days.

I started trying to hike above the Y. It takes me a little under 30 minutes to get to the top of the Y so for some reason this week I thought I should just hike up an hour and see how far I could get. I did that two times. On Monday we hit some snow.
 I just like this shot of Moki. I went in the crawl space and she is always curious when I do that. I love how her hair is finally getting a little longer again.
 On Wednesday we went up above the Y again. This time we got even further than Monday. It really is a gorgeous time of day to be out.
 Thursday we switched it up and went up Rock Canyon. Moki was thirsty because she had been in her crate all day. Good thing I taught her how to drink out of a fountain. She thinks she is human sometimes.
It was seriously a beautiful night in the canyon.
 Hiking up above the Y during the week made me realize I wanted to see where the trail actually goes. Amber, Moki and I hiked it on Saturday. It was a steep climb to the very top of Y mountain. You access the mountain from a little canyon that eventually takes you up the back face.


There was one little spot before the top that allowed us to see squaw peak and Mt Timpanogos. We were higher than squaw peak. That was surprising to me. 
Power posing on a rock. That is how I roll now days!
 The view from the top was amazing.
 It ook us 4 hours so I am guessing it was between 8-9 miles. It was really steep. I was super tired the rest of the day and a little tight today after sitting in church.
It has been so nice to get outside and enjoy fall.

This week I also voted. That was a bust. I realized I had not studied up enough on the issues. There were several things I left blank because I was ignorant. I was so proud of myself for voting and then when I left I was dissappointed in myself for not studying all the issues. Lesson learned, I need to do better. Even though it was a bust I was able to reflect on the amazing priviledge it is to be able to vote. I love the freedoms we enjoy and I need to be better at not taking them for granted.

I also had the opportunity to attend relief society training. It was so good. It helped me better understand my role in my calling and how I can be better. It was just great to have some guidance. The sister that taught the training touched on a few things my presidency has been talking about. I am excited to try and apply the principles.

I went to Deseret Book yesterday. I am purchased this:
Instead of buying the book I got the book on cd so I could listen to it in the car. I am on chapter 5 and it is really good. The author is the one that reads the book and it is just fun and so many good things. I hate not having the book because I like to reference things but I love being able to listen to it whenever I am in the car.

As you can see this last week was great. I am excited for this week because there is still good weather in the forecast and much to be accomplished!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...