Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, May 4, 2015

Arches National Park

Saturday we spent the day at Arches National Park, well after Virginia and I walked Moki three miles in the morning. Spoiled dog. We were so pumped to go hike delicate arch. We did not anticipate the line we would have to wait in to enter the park. One hour in line. I tried to tell everyone it isn't that cool they should just go home, no one listened. Cars for days.
Jana came to the rescue and let me borrow her child carrying backpack. That saved us on our longer hikes. Andrew prefers to walk but we didn't give him the option on the longer hikes. This arch is so inspiring.
 I know I am posting a lot of pictures but it is my blog so I can do what I want!

This thing is huge, especially when people are standing underneath it.
 This was looking through some rocks to the east of Delicate Arch.
 I love the blue sky and the red rock. A wonderful combination.
After hiking we headed back to the house to let Moki out, eat, and rest. It was very hot on Saturday! The house Virginia rented had the perfect outdoor patio. There was lots of shade and it was perfect for hanging out.
After dinner we headed back to Arches for a little more hiking. Our goal was Double-O-Arch. We made it to landscape arch but not quite to Double-O-Arch. The views were spectacular.
 Landscape Arch has seen better days but it is still hanging on.
For our evening hike the temperature was perfect. I only fell once. I recently got trekking poles for a trip this summer. Occasionally I use them to practice. The verdict is in and after tripping myself while hiking upstairs and falling I need more practice. Note to self: if using poles it is critical that you pay attention to the placement of the poles. I didn't let two scraped knees stop me from enjoying the scenery!
 The clouds were amazing.
 I took too many pictures.
 Sometimes when you hike you must run back to the bathroom!
We met back up with Amanda and Andrew on our way back.
 This child was obsessed with my trekking poles.
 He was much better at using them once I lowered them to his size.
The sky was beautiful as we were finishing for the night.
I finished off my night with this:
 Seriously the best ice cream ever!

Saturday was a great days! If you have kids and want to give them a hiking experience Arches is seriously the park to do it in. They have lots of little hikes that can be enjoyed by all.

 

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...