Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, May 18, 2015

a summary

 Jana and Michelle (and their husbands) were nice enough to allow Shannon and I an opportunity to have a girls night out with their REAL Salt Lake Soccer tickets. I have been so busy and so tired but it was so fun to have something to look forward to:) They have great seats. Notice those clouds rolling in.
We ended up spending an hour huddled together with all the other fans while we waited out the lightning. Yes, it was a school night! That made for a late night but it was still worth it.
 Speaking of soccer we are just working on training the next great little player. This guy gets more fun every time I see him.
 This was on Mothers day. We got to hang out while his Mom and Dad went on a walk.
 Mothers day was great. I am so glad I have an amazing mom. I love that lady.


Moki and I try to get out and go for a nice long walk on Sundays. Recently it seems to be the only day without rain. I know we need rain but man I hate it.
 I needed to borrow a tool that could cut a lock. I went to my neighbors and they were butchering chickens that day.  I had to do this chore as a child and I seriously hated it. Well we just had to pluck the feathers off the dead chicken. AND YOU THOUGHT YOUR CHILDHOOD WAS BAD!!!! Gross. My neighbor had this machine that pulled the feathers off. I feel like this would have been much more convenient. This picture is mainly for my dad....sorry.
 I usually weed my backyard twice a year. This year spring came so early that the weeds were huge before I took care of them. It was a big project

Oh you couldn't see my grow boxes. It is so nice to look out my window now.
  Dan had a birthday so obviously we had to celebrate. It fell on a super busy day but we all sacrificed a little and made sure the celebration happenned.
 I ordered the worst nachos ever. That was super disappointing.
 Provo now has a dog park one mile from my house. I am so happy.
 Moki and I still usually get out and exercise in the morning but I can take her to the dog park after work for a half hour and then not feel bad about running errands or doing other things, like go to the gym.
 Every 5-10 minutes she always runs back to me and checks in. One day I moved and she didn't see me. She had a little emotional barking breakdown until I realized she was barking because she thought I left her. She has issues. The park is only a mile from my house and so when there is time it is awesome to walk there and back.

Dan and I made some pizza in a dutch oven pan. So delicious. Can't wait to try it again soon. I love pizza. Homemade is even better.
So this personal training company offered one month free training to any teacher because of teacher appreciation in May. A co-worker and I finally signed up and went today. It will be three days a week for a month. It pretty much kicked my butt. I am good about doing cardio but I am horrible with strength training and stretching. It showed today. My entire body is rebelling as I type this. I am excited to see how I feel after one month. Since I have had Moki I have done a lot more jogging and hiking instead of fitness at the gym. Recently I started going to the gym again as well. I have been trying to bike, run and swim at least three days a week, usually all three in one day. It has been so good for me. Sometimes I like to stay a little too comfortable in my workouts so I am excited for these changes! Two weeks left of school!!!!!!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...