Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, May 4, 2015

Payson Temple Open House

The hoorah for Virginia's vacation was shopping in Park City and attending the Payson Temple open house. I couldn't do the shopping because I had to work. I was fortunate enough to attend the open house. The tickets went so fast that I wasn't able to get any reservations, luckily a co-worker was able to get me some because I really wanted to take Virginia while she was in town.

For those not familiar with Mormon (Latter Day Saint) Temples once they are dedicated only recommend holding members are permitted to enter. This is not to keep secrets but rather to keep the temple sacred. Before a temple is dedicated an open house is held and for a period of 3-4 weeks and  the public is allowed to enter and view the building. Temple open houses are not very frequent so it is a blessing to have the opportunity to attend one.
I will preface my pictures by saying my day at work was stressful and I was grumpy. Probably the long weekend is to blame in part, but I snapped at undeserving people and I was not happy with myself when starting this experience. I am always amazed at how the temple can calm my troubled soul. Just watching the ten minute video reminded me of what really matters in this earthly experience we are trying to have. The temple changed my mood for the day and for that I am grateful. Maybe my mood was foul because I forgot to pack church shoes in my school bag this morning.
The Payson Temple is beautiful. If you want to see pictures of the interior you can go to www.lds.org. They have posted pictures there. It was such a treat to show the temple to Virginia and visit a little about the importance of the temple and the covenants made there in. I think my favorite part was showing her the Celestial room and the sealing room. With my siblings we were able to share some of what takes place at a temple sealing and allow her to see these sacred rooms. I hope she felt the power that is held within the walls of the temple. It is so much more than a beautiful building!
After the tour we enjoyed the grounds and took some pictures. Some of our group didn't come to the back and so they were not pictured.
 Andrew being a good sport for me.
 This little family has been sealed for time and all eternity! I love them so much.
 So grateful they made that choice when they were married 6 years ago today. I love what it means for them and their children.
 Andrew stole everyone's heart when we were walking from the chapel to the temple and he kept saying, "We get to go to the temple!" I can't get enough of his enthusiasm for life.
 From the back.
 I somehow took way too many pictures again!!!!!
 Me and Virginia.
I hope Andrew is always this excited to see a temple. I hope he plans to go there someday.
After the tour we enjoyed Cafe Rio before heading home. What a wonderful Monday evening activity.



No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...