Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Monday, May 4, 2015

Vegas

I had the opportunity to attend a conference in Las Vegas Monday - Wednesday. I was reminded about a lot of leadership principles and really had an opportunity to reflect on my teaching and how I can be better. Man, the longer I teach the more room for improvement I have. Overall I enjoyed the conference but I don't love sitting all day. I was definitely not cut out to have a desk job.

Sunday night I watched the Bellagio fountains with some co-workers. Always a hit.

Luckily for me Katie Call was in town and was willing to come downtown in the evenings and entertain me. This girl is one of my best friends and I have so many memories with her. I am so glad that in our mid thirties we are still making more memories. Thanks Kate for a great time!

Monday night Katie came down to Ceasar's Palace, the hotel I was staying at, and we just sat on a bench and visited. It was so nice.

We took a few selfies because that is how we roll.
 On Tuesday night Katie treated me to a night on the town. We rode the High Roller at The Linq! It is a 550 ft Ferris Wheel that can hold up to 40 people per cabin. It was crazy. Luckily it was a Tuesday night so there was not a wait. It was another good night of selfies and catching up.
It goes pretty slow. It takes about 40 minutes to get around.
 It was a little scary if you got super close to to the edge.
 It is a pretty sight.
Posing with the city in the back drop.





 Downtown Vegas is one of my least favorite places on the earth but Katie made it bearable. I enjoyed running every morning outside. Turns out the strip only has runners out in the morning and surprisingly there were tons of them. It is just crazy to me that there can be so much trash and evil congregated in one small location. It actually makes me really sad. Not a place I can spend a lot of time but I tried to make the best of it.



No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...