Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, June 28, 2015

Redding

So my aunt Virginia and I are hiking the Swiss Alps in July.......I know the coolest thing ever. We wanted to hike a couple of times together while I was in California. She lives in Redding which is close to Lassen Natoinal Park which has some good hiking. I got to head up to her house for two days so we could hike. I also got to kayak with my cousin Cody. We hiked Lassen Peak.
 Don't worry this picture is after the hike. It was dark when we started. We woke up sooooooo early. They learned I don't smile or talk much at 4:30am. I am also not very happy. Once we finally got hiking and the sun came up I slowly started to let my personality warm-up as well.
It's a 5 mile hike that is semi steep. It was a good little morning workout.
I was awake by the time we got to the top.
There were beautiful views the entire climb. And on the peak we got a view of the gorgeous Mt. Shasta.
Someday I want to summit that mountain!

Redding is very close to a beautiful little reservoir called Whiskey Town. Cody and I kayaked there. The water was amazing.

 These kayaks are not comfortable but they go fast.....the end!

It was fun to be out on the lake. The next morning Virginia and I did a 6.5 mile hike by Whiskey Town. It was a fun hike and Moki got to come. She loved hiking and swimming.

It was so fun to get to spend a couple days in Redding with family.




No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...