Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, June 14, 2015

The last month via pictures

I am not doing very well at this blogging thing this year. Starting this week I have a lot of fun planned so maybe that will help me be better. Who knows?

I got a new dress. I feel kinda like a hippie in it but I like it.
 Moki and I have continued to hike the Y. It's close and convenient.
 We had a little family BBQ for memorial day.
 And a walk on the shoreline trail!
I went to Lagoon for work. I really do enjoy the rides. This year the lines seemed extra long so that was annoying, but it was free so I am not complaining....just saying.
 Last day of school. It is always so hard to say goodbye to my 9th graders. Three years of my class is torture for anyone but here are some girls that made me smile and laugh everyday!
 I started summer off with a nice hike up Rock Canyon. The weather was gorgeous and it felt so good to be out enjoying it.
I have worked everyday so far this summer so I am feeling like I haven't really started vacation. June 1st and 2nd I had all day training on a new evaluation system and then The boys PE teacher and I have been collaborating from 8-11 everyday. That doesn't seem like a long time, and it isn't, I am just grateful I get a real break now. Time away from the school is really good for my SOUL!

The weather has been amazing and I have been trying to balance both biking and hiking. Moki and I have had some great hikes and we have even tried out some new ones.
 We hiked up Big Springs. It was gorgeous and not as intense as most Utah hikes, meaning not straight up. There is still lots of up but it was more friendly.
 We hiked Y mountain one Saturday. I love the view from this lookout. This is up above the Y.
All of a sudden  Andrew likes the backpack. He wasn't so fond of it when we were in Arches.
 We like making crazy faces.
 We found a dog friendly trail in Salt Lake. It was a nice short trail where dogs could run off leash. Moki was in heaven. We got rained on so we were not in heaven.
 Finally hiked to the campground from Rock Canyon park. That is a nice little 6 mile hike. Had to try out my new selfie stick.
 I think it will do the job for my summer trips:)
I took Andrew swimming. We went to the Provo Rec Center. He let me take him on all the big water slides. He giggled the whole way. Then we repeated the big slides many times. So much fun. I got him a slurpee after, you know I have to work hard to keep my #1 status. (totally kidding about the #1 status).
 Just playing with the selfie stick. You know doing important things.
 I finally biked up the canyon. It's a longer ride and all uphill one way so I put it off. I love the ride up south fork. I need to do it more often.
 The views are incredible.
 Angelee came to town. I didn't take a single picture. That was silly. It is always a treat to see my out of town friends.

Donated blood.
I am trying to learn to cut Moki's hair. Let's just say I know why they charge so much. It is not easy and it takes a lot of time. Her hair was really long. Once I finish I will probably need new clippers.
 I don't think she approves. The picture below is the half way point for the night. Moki has so much hair. It is ridiculous.
 You can barely tell she is missing any hair in this picture....it's depressing.
 I filled the garbage can half way full just with hair. I finished after only doing about half of her. I was so tired and frustrated. She was tired and frustrated. It was hard work.
I have done a little more since but I am hoping I can convince my mom to help me finish it. This is one big project. I wish I could sell her hair:)

 Amber and I hiked Silver Lake Flat. This is the lake at the start of the hike, silver lake.
 It's 2.5 miles to a little glacier lake, silver lake flat.
 Amber forced me to jump in the lake. It was FREEZING!!!! I hate the drive to the trail head. You are on a very annoying dirt road for a long time, but you are more than rewarded for your drive with the beautiful landscape. This week as I have been out enjoying Utah I have been overwhelmed at the beautiful place I get to live. It is so pretty. I love the outdoors and am so grateful I can spend so much time there. Yesterday I got to bike 45 miles and just enjoy another day in the outdoors. I couldn't stop reflecting on all that God has given us. I had a chance to work in the temple last night and I just came home feeling so loved and blessed.

This morning Moki and I walked to the site of the new Provo temple to get some pictures. It is such an amazing building. I have loved watching it change as the construction continues. The stain glass windows are amazing!
 Can't wait to go inside someday!

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...