Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Heaven smiled on us for 10 minutes

Right as we were finishing our Huaynapichu hike we noticed that the couds were starting to part from the lookout point of Machu Picchu. We had a bus we had to catch but we decided it was worth the effort to try and get the classic tourist picture. I am so glad we decided to do that!!! I had come to terms with the fact that I wasn't going to get that shot but for a split second our hope was renewed. We literally ran back to the top. The clouds move so fast we knew we didn't have much time.

We took a couple wrong turns getting out of Machu Picchu on our way back in (you have to exit the park and re-enter after hiking Huaynapichu) and I got this fun panorama.
 And then the classic shot

 I threw my hat on hoping that it would help my rained on humid nasty hair. It didn't really help.
 It was just such a cool view. We were really really happy we got to see it. It was worth running around like a crazy tourist to get it.


 And then we had to run back to our bus. Like RUN back. I couldn't stop taking pictures though.
 It was so fun to actually see the city from above.
The mountains were stunning.
We were so happy to get our classic tourist pictures. If I were to do the trip again I would want two days at Machu Picchu. One day is not enough, especially if you are hiking Huaynapichu. There were some things we missed out on which is a bummer when you travel so far.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...