Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Friday, April 12, 2019

Two harbors to Little Harbor

Wednesday was our middle of  our trip and our shortest hiking day. YAY! We were able to really take our time in the morning. That really means I went and took an amazing shower with hot water and everyone else was nice and didn't leave without me:) This day was beautiful scenery. We pretty much went uphill for 2/3 of the day and then downhill for the last 1/3. We did hike less miles but the uphills and downhills were quite steep.

Started the morning off with a group photo.
 Leaving beautiful Two harbors

As soon as we got out of Two Harbors we started going uphill. Like straight uphill for a long time! Pictures don't quite do it justice.

I look at my picures from this day and realize I took way too many selfies. What do you do?
We hiked until we got to a little picnic table we could see in the distance. Perfect lunch spot.
 The views from our little table were amazing.
 The wild flowers were amazing. i think we lucked out doing this in April. the temperature was moderate and everything was green and in bloom.



  It's always hard to put the pack on after lunch.
After lunch it was all downhill. That seems like it would be nice but I feel like it is so much harder on my body.
We started to see people hiking the opposite direction after lunch. They all warned up about a huge Bison laying right next to the trail. He was big and awfully close.
I had to get a selfie with him and my bison hat:)
We were soon able to see our campground even though we had a ways to hike still.
The water looked amazing. Since it was our short day we were actually going to have time to play on the beach. I couldn't wait.
Looking away from the campground at the flowers.
 It is always nice to run into the little signs to remind you that you are on the right track.
 Wednesday are hiking stats were walking 6 miles, 1,688 ft elevation gain, 2:55.32 hiking time and 28'53 minutes per mile.

The first thing we did when we got to camp was set up our tents.
 We were lucky to have a really nice pavilion and so we all hung out all of our clothes. Fresh air does some stinky clothes good.
 We spent the rest of the day relaxing on the beach, swimming, taking cold outdoor showers. drying our clothes, popping blisters (Amber and Jacklyn). I took a little nap. It was a nice afternoon.

I started getting restless in the evening and so I went for a walk as the sun was going down and got some beautiful pictures.

This little beach was just over the hill from the beach we played on. I had it all to myself at sunset. The next two pictures don't even have a filter. It was gorgeous.

 All alone watching the sun go down.
 We ended the evening with a nice little camp fire.























No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...