Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, September 8, 2019

Timpanogos

This fall I would really like to hike a peak a week like I did last fall. The trick is finding people to hike with. Cyndee and I wanted to try to hike Kings Peak again and were planning on going this weekend but the weather was showing thunderstorms so we decided not to go. It was a bummer but we did another peak close to home. Cyndee has never hiked Timpanogos and I hadn't been up there this year so we decided to spend Saturday hiking Timp.

We hiked it differently than I ever have and it was good. We left my house after 7am (late for a Timp hike), stopped at the store and took our tuime getting to the trailhead. Unfortunately there was no parking at the trailhead and we had to park almost a mile away. That was SUPER annoying but I wasn't really tired so it was fine. I thought maybe the peak season was over after Labor Day. I was wrong. There were so many people on the mountain. We started hiking close to 9am I think. The weather was great all day and I say so many people I knew. Like so many people. That was actually really fun. I saw former students, parents of current students, people I play sports with. It was soooo crazy. The mountain was very crowded but it wasn't annoying like it is some years.

Catching our breath at the saddle.
 Then there is that moment when you walk between two points and get a clear view of the shack!!!! You know you are almost there.
 It always feels so good to make it to the top. The views are amazing! Trying to get a selfie with my dog. It is so funny how many people are so impressed that Moki can hike so far. It is funny because I am pretty sure she could do twice the distance without much trouble. The dog is an amazing hiker.
 She is not amazing at pictures.
Even with bribery!
Gotta get a good pictue with the shack.


 It was really cool while we were on top we watched an 80 year old lady summit with a bunch of her family. We all cheered for her when she made it. It was so cool. What an accomplishment.
 The flowers at the lower part of the hike were already dead but once we got to the meadow they were amazing.

 It was a great day on the mountain. I wish I had taken a picture with everyone I saw that I knew. . . next time.
Moki and I are both pretty tired today. We definitely needed the day of rest we observed this sabbath.

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...