Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Kodachrome Basin

 For Memorial Day weekend I was able to reserve camping at Kodachrome Basin State Park. It was a miracle since I reserved the camp spot so late. Sam's family came too. We were able to hike some, bike some and play lots of games.

I took my road bike, Mountain bike and Andrew and Emersons bike. It was my first time hauling four bikes on my rack. It made my car seem long and HUGE!

Moki and I got there Thursday evening. Sam's family wasn't coming until Friday afternoon. We had time to set up camp, hike and then I mountain biked before we went to bed. It was warm enough to sleep with the rain fly off. It was awesome!

Friday I slept in. Later than I should have because it was so hot when Moki and I hiked. We snuck in a morning hike and then set up another tent in camp. I spent the afternoon reading while we were waiting for Sam's family to come. 

We got their tent all set up with sleeping gear, played card games and had dinner. Sam and Amanda made some yummy pizza. I spent the evening on a Mt. bike ride. It was five miles in the sand. It was really fun but the sand made it harder than I anticipated.


It was so pretty

The next morning we got up and after breakfast we went on a hike. We hiked the Shakespeare arch loop. It's about a 3 mile loop. The kids did great. Lots of pretty views.

At the start of the hike Audrey spotted a snake (in the background). She was obsessed with it. We had to pry her away to actually do the hike.

The views did not disappoint.
Hey, I know those guys!
Resting the shade.
This girl is so cute.

Cute little hiking family

The hike was great. The kids made it without too many complaints:)

We headed into  Cannonville to hang out at the park for the afternoon. We had lunch, played Kanjam, played card games and rested during the heat of the day.

Then we attempted to hike Willis Creek. That was not successful. Andrew was done hiking and making sure we all knew it. We hiked a little ways but not too far. I was bummed because the walls are so cool as you get into the slot canyon but we didn't get to see much of that.


We made it about 1/2 a mile or so. We had some snacks then headed back to camp.

We made dinner. Hot dogs. I did a chocolate cake in the dutch oven. Sam and Amanda went on an evening hike while I hung out with the kids. Then they came back and I went biking as the sun was going down!

Sunday was our last day. Moki and I got up and hiked Angel's Palace. We were the only two on the trail all morning. So nice!

 


After our morning hike we cam back to camp. We all packed everything up. Then we decided to hike the nature trail. That was fun because there were rocks the kids could climb on.

After that short walk we went back to Cannonville for lunch. I headed back to Provo after lunch. I was tired and was driving by myself, with Moki. Overall it was a really fun trip. I forget how much harder it is to do things like camping and hiking with kids. It takes a lot more time and so much PATIENCE. I love doing things like this with my nephews and nieces, even if they say they hate it:)





No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...