Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Hiking with Erica

Erica and I snuck in a couple hikes. We went to horsetail falls one week. I love that hike. It is a good workout with a beautiful waterfall at the end.

Moki and Archie are both awesome hikers so it is fun to have them with us.
It was good to catch up because we missed each other most of the summer because our vacations were not lined up. I love hiking with Erica and wish we could make it happen more often.

We also took a day and hiked Timp together. Erica had never hiked it before. So crazy! We went on July 26th and it happened to be perfect timing for the wildflowers. They were absolutely incredible. It was so fun to be up there at their peak.

We started early and used the Timponooke trail to summit. Erica did a better job of taking pictures. I have done the hike so many times I didn't get my camera out as much. After seeing her pictures I wish I would have taken more. They are all so good.




It was a really nice day. It is so nice to do most of the uphill climbing in the morning as the sun is still coming up.

Once we got to the meadow the flowers were unbelievable.






There were so many different varieties and colors. It was so fun. Such a good reminder of the beautiful world we live in!

We also encountered a lot of mountain goats on the mountain. They did not like our dogs which made for an interesting trip. There were quite a few that had babies with them and so I think they were a little more cautious. they were definitely stomping their feet at us. We also had to wait at a couple of places because it did not feel safe to pass by. It was pretty cray. I have seen them every time I have hiked Timp, and I have hiked it with Moki every year, but I have never seen the goats act this way before.
we made it to the top with our dogs. Our dogs did awesome. Again I just love hiking with Moki and Archie. So fun!



It took us just under 9 hours to complete the hike. I left my watch running at our breaks but I would guess we hiked for 7-7.5 hours. We rested more than usual which was great because I never felt like I was racing up the mountain. It was a great day. I was tired and dirty when I finished but it felt so good to be on top if Utah Valley again.



 

No comments:

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...