Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, April 20, 2008

SAN DIEGO

In San Diego I had the opportunity of attending my first ever proffesional baseball game (I know I was deprived as a child). We went to PETCO Park to watch the Padres play. We started the night off with to quote Jennie, "The best hotdogs at PETCO." They were huge 1/2 pound hotdogs. Don't let the picture above deceive you we each ate our own like true baseball fans would. The park was beatiful and we had great seat right on the first baseline in the lower deck.
This is our little group that went to the game. The highlights of the night were the hotdogs, the company, the weather, and the nice park. The downside was that the game was really boring. No one was hitting the ball and we ended up being part of Padre history as attending the longest game ever, 22 innings. Yep we sang take me out to the ball game three times (because we had the 7th inning stretch three times). Because the game was slightly boring we had to make our own fun and Jennies friend Michelle helped us out there. This was her first game as well and she was not really into the game and so she kept asking Sam if she could paint his fingernails. In the 10th inning he told her if the game went 16 innings she could paint them. Yea, he thought there was no possible way the game could last that long, his bad, he got some pink stubs.
I am not going to lie but that was the highlight of the game. And then to top it off Michelle got some random guy behind us to agree to get his painted if we made it the the 18th inning. Well as you know we did. We were champion fans and stayed until the top of the 22nd, but lets be honest where do you draw the line. Jennie had to work the next day at 8am and it was 1:30am. So we did what anyone that is not a diehard fan would do and left early. But we listened to the game in the car. And after all that time and faithful attendance they lost. So I was not to sad that we left. It was way past my 11pm bedtime.
We spent the rest of our time in San Diego kayaking at the beach. Unfortunatley I forgot to buy a waterprook camera so I don't have any pictures of that. Sam and I became proffesional kayakers it was awesome. We had a great time. The weather was really nice. I was also able to put in a lot of miles on my bike which was really nice as well. Then we ended the trip at the SanDiego temple which was a real treat. I had seen it from the outside but had never been inside. Thanks to Jen and Janice for letting us sleep at their house, which by the way is really cute.


2 comments:

Than and Erica said...

That is so awesome that you were at that game! I can't believe that you left. After I read about it, I thought, I'd totally stay until the end. Slacker! That sounds like a great spring break. And I agree with parley--you're car did look like a hill-billy car. :)

Unknown said...

i just hope you fed sam like 3 of those hot dogs, because he's so dang skinny!!
looks like you had a blast together!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...