Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, April 27, 2008

The Praxis

In Utah in order to get your 2nd level teaching license after your third year of teaching you have to take the Praxis Test. Well you can take it any time but I waited until the very last moment to take the test and happenned to take it at a really stressful time in my life. In fact I was so stressed about that and my thesis and coaching that anytime anyone asked me about any of those three things I wanted to cry because I was so overwhelmed. It seems so stupid now but I was really overwhelmed and I could not see how I would accomplish all that I needed to do. Now in retrospect I can look at the past two months and see the Lords hand in my life and realize that those nights I spent on my knees wondering how everything would be done were heard by a Father who loves me and helped me.

So I studied for the test as much as I could but I was sooooo stressed about it. Then the day of the test arrived and it was at 3 pm. I am sorry but who schudules a test in the afternoon I was so bugged. Then I took the test and I was really worried after because I felt so rushed and I did not know how I did and the majority of the test was short answers which can be interpretted in numerous ways. So while it was a relief to finish the test I was still extrememly scared and nervous becasue my job next year hinged on me passing the test.

Well when I got home from spring break the test results were in the mail and I passed. I was so excited. The funny thing was is that not only did I pass I scored in the top 15% of anyone who has ever taken the test. I say that not to brag but to say I was honestly shocked and grateful. I never do well on standardized tests and so this was a huge accomplishment for me. Not only did I have the help of my Heavenly Father but my graduate school classes also helped. Last summer I took a class called learning theories and that class reintroduced me to all the theorists I should have remembered from college the first time. All in all I just wanted to say that I am grateful for the help we can recieve from Heavenly Father in our lives and I am grateful the last two months are over and that after a year of graduate school I finally have a long awaited and much needed two month break before I began again fulltime in the summer.

2 comments:

Parley and Katie Call said...

Congrats! I bet you are so relieved. I'm glad the stress is almost over...

Than and Erica said...

Lanell is the best! :)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...