Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Strawberry Days - Giddy UP!!

Amber Ellis, me, and her brother and his friends all went to the rodeo this evening. It was a blast. It was my 2nd time attending and they are really fun. This year I even purchased a cheap cowboy hat so I could fit in with everyone. It was a busy day filled with biking and kayaking in 100 degree weather so this was a fun way to relax and enjoy the evening.
One thing I really like about the rodeos is that they are really patriotic. It is nice to sit and remember all the blessings we have in this country.
I was trying to get some pictures of the cowboys but I have not quite figured out all the settings on my new camera, especially taking action shots. Anyways it was really fun and I think we are going to go with some of our friends next week, it is the Lehi Round-Up and that was really fun last year so why not go again.
The drama of the day was that I went to move my clothes from the washer to the dryer and guess what was in the bottom of the wash machine .......... think about what you would least want to see at the bottom. For me it was my jump drive that has my thesis on it. You know the one I will never lose and so I never did back-up the last revisions. Dumb, Dumb, Dumb. I choose not to kick anything because I have a hard copy and what was done was done. However I said a little prayer. The jump drive did not work all day but tonight when I came home I tried again and it worked. That is an answer to my prayer as well as a blessing in my life. I was already thinking about who I could pay to re-type the 36 pages. I am just really grateful that it works, so that was my miracle for the day. Don't worry I have now backed up my thesis on my computer as well, I learn the hard way sometimes.

3 comments:

The Finlays said...

I am so happy that you didn't lose your thesis! I have done things like that and lost precious things (like a months worth of pictures) that I was unable to recover. Yeah for you!

Parley and Katie Call said...

Oh boy, that is such a blessing. I'm so glad it ended up working! I can't imagine the frustration! And yea for the rodeo! We always go when we're up in Hinckley and it's so fun.

Angelee said...

close call...dork.

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...