Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, June 8, 2008

WHO'S AFRAID OF THE BIG BAD WOLF????

Every year in Utah there is a 100 mile all women bike ride called "The Little Red Riding Hood." I have wanted to participate in the race the past three years but each year I have had a conflict. This year there were no conflicts and I had the opportunity to ride with over 2000 other women. There are men dressed up as wolves that serve the food and hang out because there are "No cowboys allowed" on the bike course. After seeing the wolf and little red riding hood I am less frightened by the wolf. I kept my distance from little red. I did the ride with two friends from my last ward, Amber Ellis and Jenni Carlquist. We stayed at Ambers grandmas the night before because the ride took place in Wellsville, some podunk town in notheren Utah most people don't know existed. We rode as far north as Preston, Idaho. Overall it was a really fun day. There was a lot of wind so it was a little slower then I anticipated but it was fun and if I am around next year I am sure I will sign up for the craziness again. Pre-race picture. The sun cam out right at the start so I shed my rain coat and long tights. DUMB!! It was actually freezing all day and it rained a little. Bad decision. At lunch a lady said to me, "Your lips are blue." As I am shivering uncontrollably. It was a little better while I was riding because I was at least working out.
Post race picture and we are all smiling. I always ask my self why do I keep doing these century rides because they are hard but I can not resist. Who knows I will do at least one more this summer.

2 comments:

Kathryn Lowry said...

Yeah that Red Riding Hood is sick and wrong.

Kathryn Lowry said...

Ok, that is from me, Katie, not my mom!

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...