Brownie Updates

Brownie Updates
this is the life

Sunday, July 20, 2008

ANTELOPE ISLAND BY MOONLIGHT

Every year there is a bike ride on Antelope Island from 10pm to midnight called the Antelope Island By Moonlight Ride. This year my cousin Katie and her friends, Cyndee & Camille, were doing the ride and invited me to come. I was a little hesitant because I am not used to staying up that late and I did not want to pay the money. But in the end I agreed and had a great time. We got out to Antelope Island just in time to watch the beautiful sunset.




Once there we hung around until 10pm and then the ride began. I rode my mountain bike for this one and we rode with head lamps 11 miles out to a ranch on the island. At the ranch we had some fruit and granola bars and then we turned around and rode back. I was actully really nervous to ride in the dark but it was really fun. There was a full moon as well so it was really beautiful outside. There were over 1000 riders and so it was really fun to watch all the lights on the rode as we peddled along.


My only complaints were that the drive out to Antelope Isaland was really stinky and the t-shirt they gave us was really ugly. Other then that it was GREAT!! I was however extremely tired on Saturday and really did not do anything productive. Going to bed at 2 am just does not cut it for me anymore. We all had fun and feel like we will consider making it a yearly tradition.

3 comments:

shauna said...

I am the same way. Once ten o clock hits I have to be in bed. I wonder how I was able to stay up late when I was younger. I just can't hack it anymore. Well, except for the occasionally all-nighter when a good book comes out.

Nancy Webb said...

Now that sounds like a fun adventure. Our stake had a family campout at antelope island a couple of years ago but I declined to go as it was so hot that year. Maybe that's why they have the ride at night. I also have a problem staying up past 10:00pm. However I did go to our stake family campout last Friday-Saturday up Big Cottonwood Canyon at Jordan Pines (just below the Spruces camp ground) and had a wonderful time. First time since June that it was cool at night and I slept so good.

katie said...

that sounds like so much fun! lanell you are my hero. i think if i were like 1/5 as active you are it would be a big improvement for me. i like reading up on your adventures. this is katie (lovett) folsom, by the way. :o)

Audrey's Dance Recital

 How do you win the hearts of all the Brown's? Have the cutest niece ever perform in a dance recital. It was so fun to watch Audreys lit...